Here’s another KB article we published today. This one describes a problem where deploying the SCOM 2007 Linux Agent fails with "The certificate Common Name (CN) does not match" due to a certificate issue:
Attempting to deploy the System Center Operations Manager 2007 Linux Agent to a Red Hat server fails. In this scenario you receive the error below while discovering and deploying the agent:
The certificate Common Name (CN) does not match. Please resolve the issue, and then run
The server certificate on the destination computer (<Redhat machine name>) has the following errors:
The SSL certificate is signed by an unknown certificate authority.
The SSL certificate contains a common name (CN) that does not match the hostname.
For additional help on this error please go to ....
This can occur for either of the following reasons:
- Certificates may not be valid as the reporting server may have been changed
- The certificate contains an incorrect host name
To resolve this issue, complete the steps below:
1. Remove the existing contents of the agent directory on the server and reinstall the agent RPM
2. Generate the certificate, making sure to use the correct host name: "/opt/Microsoft/scx/bin/tools/scssslconfig –f –h <hostname>"
3. Check the status of the certificate: "openssl x509 -noout -in /etc/opt/microsoft/scx/ssl/scx.pem -subject -issuer -dates"
4. Discover the agent from the console and sign the invalid certificate without SSH
For the most current version of this article please see the following:
J.C. Hornbeck | System Center Knowledge Engineer
App-V Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/appv/
AVIcode Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/avicode
ConfigMgr Support Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/configurationmgr/
DPM Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/dpm/
MED-V Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/medv/
OOB Support Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/oob/
Opalis Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/opalis
Orchestrator Support Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/orchestrator/
OpsMgr Support Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/operationsmgr/
SCMDM Support Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/mdm/
SCVMM Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/scvmm
Server App-V Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/serverappv
Service Manager Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/servicemanager
System Center Essentials Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/systemcenteressentials
WSUS Support Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/sus/