I just wanted to let you know that we just published a great KB article on how to troubleshoot some common reasons for blank reports in System Center Operations Manager 2007 (OpsMgr 2007) and System Center 2012 Operations Manager (OpsMgr 2012). If you ever have any trouble with OpsMgr reports then this is a great place to start:
Blank reports can be a common issue with System Center Operations Manager. These are caused by many different reasons, and for the focus of this article we will discuss the following:
1. The wrong type of entity was selected as the report target.
2. The corresponding performance collection rule or the script that generates the performance data is not enabled for the report target.
3. There is a functional problem with the Health Service on the agent.
4. Management servers are unable to insert data into the OperationsManagerDW database.
5. Data is stuck in the staging tables in the OperationsManagerDW database.
There are other reasons why reports may return blank but….
For the complete article please see the following:
J.C. Hornbeck | System Center Knowledge Engineer
The App-V Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/appv/
The WSUS Support Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/sus/
The SCMDM Support Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/mdm/
The ConfigMgr Support Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/configurationmgr/
The SCOM 2007 Support Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/operationsmgr/
The SCVMM Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/scvmm/
The MED-V Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/medv/
The DPM Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/dpm/
The OOB Support Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/oob/
The Opalis Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/opalis
The Service Manager Team blog: http: http://blogs.technet.com/b/servicemanager
The AVIcode Team blog: http: http://blogs.technet.com/b/avicode
The System Center Essentials Team blog: http: http://blogs.technet.com/b/systemcenteressentials
The Server App-V Team blog: http: http://blogs.technet.com/b/serverappv