Looking for information on the virtualization features in System Center Essentials 2010? What, you didn't even know SCE 2010 had some awesome virtualization tech in it, including some of the features found in SCVMM? If so then our very own Eugene Polonsky wrote a great post that should help fill you in. In the post he talks about what's new for SCE 2010 and then walks you through setting up your first VM. You can get all of the details straight from Eugene here.
On a related note, we also have a pretty cool video that demos many of the new virtualization features in SCE 2010. In the video they discuss:
- The requirements for hosting SCE 2010
- How to add a host and create a virtual machine
- How to convert a physical server too a virtual machine
- How to import Microsoft and VMware virtual machines
- How to take a snapshot of a virtual machine for backup
- How to save a virtual machine template
- And more!
If you haven't seen this video then you'll definitely want to check it out. The video can be found here.
J.C. Hornbeck | System Center Knowledge Engineer