The Operations Manager 2007 R2 Cross Platform Agent update is described in Microsoft Knowledge Base article 973583.
The Operations Manager 2007 R2 Cross Platform Agent update includes support for the following platforms:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (both 32-bit and 64-bit versions)
- Zones (whole and sparse zones) for all supported versions of Solaris
The Operations Manager 2007 R2 Cross Platform Agent update includes hotfixes for the following issues:
- The Operations Manager 2007 R2 Cross Platform Agent intermittently creates defunct processes on the UNIX system or on the Linux system. This behavior occurs when the following conditions are true:
- The password for the account that connects to the server is changed on the UNIX system or on the Linux system. For example, the password for the UNIX Action account or for the UNIX Privileged RunAs account is changed.
- The password is not updated on Operations Manager 2007 Management Server.
When this problem occurs, the defunct processes (Scxcimservera) continue to exist until the Cross Platform Agent restarts. These defunct processes consume system resources.
- The Cross Platform Agent does not discover soft partitions on supported Solaris systems. Therefore, the disk provider is unloaded, and then the Cross Platform Agent stops collecting information from the system disks.
- The Cross Platform Agent does not restart after the supported AIX server restarts.
The following are additional issues that are fixed in the update that is described in this article:
- The log file provider repeatedly scans a file when the size of the file is smaller than the previous file that was scanned. Every time that the file is scanned, an old record is generated from the file. This behavior can cause performance issues on AIX-based computers and on Operations Manager 2007 Management Server.
- When Operations Manager 2007 Management Server fails over to another management server, alerts in the log files of the failed server are re-generated, and the CPU load increases significantly.
- The Cross Platform Agent that is installed on a Solaris-based computer stops working when the system configuration is changed. For example, the Cross Platform Agent stops working when disks are added or removed on the Solaris-based computer.
- The Operations Manager 2007 agent stops working on Solaris-based computers. These computers have a hot spare pool but no disk association.
- Operations Manager 2007 Management Server cannot replace display string parameters. This issue occurs when alerts are created for Operations Manager 2007 to monitor state changes.
- Operations Manager 2007 generates "disk full" alerts when Unix file system (UFS) CD-ROMs are mounted on a supported version of Solaris.
- Certificates cannot be generated when a new UNIX-based or Linux-based computer is added to the management group.
For all the details and to download the update see the following:
KB979490 – Cross Platform Cumulative Update 2 for System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2
J.C. Hornbeck | System Center Knowledge Engineer