Updates to the Exchange Management Packs for Operations Manager 2007 are now available on the Management Pack Catalog.
The following list contains the issues that are fixed in version 6.0.6702.0 of the Exchange Server 2003 Management Pack.
· Fixed issues in product knowledge articles.
· Fixed issue with version number for Exchange Server 2003 discovery. The discovery now checks the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Exchange\setup\newestbuild for a range of version numbers that are greater than or equal to 6944 and less than 9000.
· Added missing descriptions.
· Changed default time-out value to 300 seconds for the following discovery rules:
· Exchange 2003 Topology Discovery
· Exchange 2003 Database Discovery
· Exchange 2003 Active Sync Discovery
· Exchange 2003 Outlook Mobile Access Discovery
· Exchange 2003 Outlook Web Access Discovery
· Exchange 2003 Queue Discovery
· Exchange 2003 Server Role attribute Discovery
· Exchange 2003 Mailflow Discovery
· Changed default time-out value to 300 seconds for the following monitors and rules:
· SSL should be enabled
· Log Files Truncated Monitor
· SMTP Queues Monitor
· Performance Collection Rule for Exchange ActiveSync logon latency
· Performance Collection Rule for MAPI logon latency
· Performance Collection Rule for Outlook Mobile Access logon latency
· Performance Collection Rule for Outlook Web Access logon latency
· Performance Collection Rule for Mail flow receiver
· Event Collection Rule for Publish_ExMP_Data
· Check Mailbox Store Monitor
· Check Services Monitor
· Check Services Frontend Monitor
· Disk Space Monitor
· Disk Space Monitor (Three States)
· Exchange Active Sync Monitor
· Exchange MAPI Logon Monitor
· Outlook Mobile Access Monitor
· Outlook Web Access Monitor
· Exchange Mail Flow Monitor (Receiver Part)
· Exchange Mail Flow Monitor (Sender Part)
· Query local Domain Controllers
· Fixed sort in alert views.
· Changed display name for class Microsoft.Exchange.ApplicationComponent from “Exchange Component” to “Exchange Application Component” to differentiate it from the class Microsoft.Exchange.ExchangeComponent.
· Fixed issue where topology discovery would fail when an Exchange Server did not have an agent installed. The topology discovery script now only discovers agent-managed Exchange servers, and each agent discovers only itself. The topology script needs to be enabled on all Exchange servers in order to see a complete topology.
· Fixed an issue with some performance rules failing to collect data.
You can access the updated MP here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=9FF454F4-6D34-4FB9-9E0B-F5B68C6EDC4F&displaylang=en&displaylang=en
J.C. Hornbeck | Manageability Knowledge Engineer