Love SCOM 2007 but wishing for a better way to monitor all your BizTalk 2009 Servers? Well today is your lucky day then. We recently released a new version of the Microsoft BizTalk Server Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007 that supports BizTalk Server 2009 and you can download it here. The overview, features and version history are below:
Overview: The BizTalk Server Management Pack for Operations Manager provides comprehensive discovery and monitoring of BizTalk Server components and applications.
Feature Bullet Summary: This management pack focuses on the following key scenarios which are discussed further in the management pack guide provided within the download:
- Suspended Message Alerts
- Alert Suppression Policy
- BAM Technical Assistance Alerts
- BizTalk Message Boxes and Hosts
- Orchestration Failures
- Service Monitoring
- Application Monitoring
- Monitoring of various aspects of RFID
- 7/30/2007 - Version 6.0.5000.0 - Initial Release for OpsMgr 2007
- 4/14/2008 - Version 6.0.6278.16 - Release native MP
- 9/23/2008 - Version 6.0.6411.0 – Updated Release of MP. Delete any previous versions of BizTalk Server Management Packs before importing this BizTalk Server Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007. Refer to the MP guide for details on the changes in this release.
- 8/31/2009 - Version 6.0.6679.0 - Updated release of MP, for supporting BizTalk Server 2009 and addressing high CPU utilization issue.
For more information and to download the MP see http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=389FCB89-F4CF-46D7-BC6E-57830D234F91&displaylang=en&displaylang=en.
J.C. Hornbeck | Manageability Knowledge Engineer