Measuring and tracking web application response times can be critical in identifying and preventing potential outages before they occur, and if this is something you’d like to report on in System Center Operations Manager 2007 then here’s how to do it. In order to generate Web Application Response Time report, please follow the steps mentioned below:
- From the SCOM reporting pane, select the Generic reports.
- Under generic reports select Performance Details reports.
- In the performance Detail report, click on Change, click new series and click on browse for rule
- After that select the Performance object as "Web request" and Counter as "Web Request Total Response Time"
- Select the Performance collection rule and under objects in the Main window, click add object.
- Under contains specify Web application corresponding to the counter we selected in the previous step.
Now you can run the report, but before doing so, make sure that the performance data is being collected for the web-application on which you are running the report. To verify that Open the web-application in the Authoring pane and Go to its property and check for performance tab.
MD Shahnawaj Khan | OpsMgr Support Engineer