This T-SQL sample script illustrates how to check tempdb configuration per best practices. Tempdb is a system database is highly used by Sql Server and an optimal tempdb configuration is generally important for smooth running of the Sql instance.
Ideal tempdb configuration is a frequently asked question by IT administrators in the TechNet forums. IT professionals want to check tempdb best practices by script, for example,
- Checking current number of tempdb data files
- Suggesting ideal number of tempdb data files (subject to testing).
- Checking if tempdb files are created of equal size.
- Checking if tempdb files are created of equal growth (increment and type).
- Checking if tempdb trace flag (for uniform extent allocation) is enabled and required depending on Sql version
- Suggesting if tempdb configuration is healthy if no suggestions were made
- Ability to run script in Sql 2005/2008/2008R2/2012.
- Properly switching users in Windows 8 without a Start button can be a bit of a chore. Many users may want to switch users in just one click. This script enables users to click a tile to switch user on the Start menu.
You can find more All-In-One Script Framework script samples at https://aka.ms/onescriptingallery