This is a frequent troubleshooting requirement for individual sp_configure values during most SQL performance troubleshooting. We've hundreds of known cases which have this settings check as among first step of SQL performance troubleshooting.
Quickly checking sp_configure values is a frequently asked question by IT administrators in the TechNet forums. IT professionals want to validate the non-default SQL Server configuration values so as to quickly identify these values using T-SQL scripts, for example,
- Encountering a performance issue.
- Validating SQL instance configuration settings.
- Running same script across multiple versions (SQL Server 2005/2008/2008R2/2012)
- When automating this collection across multiple server using scripts
- Checking Sql instance configuration settings with respect to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319942 (How to determine proper SQL Server configuration settings).
You can find more All-In-One Script Framework script samples at https://aka.ms/onescriptingallery