Recently I was working for ADRMS integration with Exchange which is rather simple however it became quite complicated with OWA in this case.
Outlook was working fine however Outlook Web Access was unable to protect or consume content and giving error:
There was a problem opening this rights protected message. Code: –2147160062 as you can see below:
When user tries to send email with OWA, he get below error:
Error: The message can’t be sent right now. Please try again later as you can see below:
The test-irmconfiguration was running fine with all tests PASSED and overall test results PASS as well.
We did a lot of research to find out the root cause, and one of the thing we found that the customer had an old ADRMS environment which was later removed, hence we reset the DRM by using the below procedure and it solved the issue.
- Disable IRM: Set-IRMConfiguration -InternalLicensingEnabled $false
- Remove existing RMS certificates: Delete all the directories under "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\DRM\Server" on the mailbox servers
- Reboot the Exchange servers
- Enable IRM: Set-IRMConfiguration -InternalLicensingEnabled $true
After this ADRMS started to work fine with OWA.
Read my favorites blogs: