Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 introduces the Exchange Deployment Assistant or ExDeploy, a new Web-based tool that can help you with your Exchange deployment. ExDeploy asks you a few questions about your current environment and then generates a custom checklist and procedures that help simplify your deployment.
You can use ExDeploy for the following scenarios:
- On-Premises Only
- Upgrade from Exchange Server 2003
- Upgrade from Exchange 2007
- Upgrade from mixed Exchange 2003 and Exchange Server 2007
- New installation of Exchange 2010
- Coexistence (On-Premises + Cloud)
- For Exchange 2003, configure some user mailboxes on-premises and some user mailboxes in the cloud.
- Exchange 2007 - coming soon
- Exchange 2010 - coming soon
- Cloud Only