Since the shipment of the September 2013 Security Bulletin Release, we have received reports of updates being offered for installation multiple times, or certain cases where updates were not offered via Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) or System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
We have investigated the issue, established the cause, and we have released new updates that will cease the unnecessary re-targeting of the updates or the correct offering of these updates.
We have received escalations related to targeting for the following KB’s.
- Security Update for Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (KB2760589)
- Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2760411)
- Security Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2767913)
- Security Update for Excel 2003 (KB2810048)
- Security Update for Microsoft Office Excel 2007 (KB2760583)
- Security Update for Microsoft Office Excel Viewer 2007 (KB2760590)
- Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2760588)
- Security Update for Microsoft Office 2013 (KB2810009) 64-Bit Edition
- Update for Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 (KB2553145)
- Update for Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer 2010 (KB2553351)
Please inform us of any other KB’s where you are experiencing multiple re-installation offers or missing installations from deployment products.