Yes, this is why we’ve been so quiet lately – we haven’t been napping all these months! As you may have noticed from the previous post (and tweets), Office 2010 (Beta) content is now on TechNet. More content will be published over the next weeks and months.
Here are the new sites to check out:
· Office 2010 (Beta) on TechNet: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/ee263913.aspx
· Getting Started with Office 2010 (Beta): http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/ee691942.aspx
· Office 2010 Beta Resource Kit: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc303401(office.14).aspx
· Office 2010 Forums: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/office2010
Here is a highlight of what is included in the Office 2010 Beta Resource Kit:
- Product evaluation and getting started with Office 2010 Beta Provides an overview of Office 2010, and includes information about the Setup architecture, 64-bit Office 2010, system requirements, getting started information, and product comparisons.
- Planning the deployment of Office 2010 Beta Provides information about assessing your current environment, planning for desktop configurations, security, and applications including Microsoft Access 2010, Microsoft Excel 2010, Microsoft Outlook 2010, and Microsoft Project 2010. It also provides planning information for migration and upgrading from previous versions of Office, as well as planning for virtualization and Terminal Services.
- Configuration and deployment of Office 2010 Beta Provides how-to information for specific deployment tasks, such as customizing the installation, and installing Office 2010 on users' computers. It also provides information about the new licensing options for Office 2010, including instructions for configuring the infrastructure for volume licensing and activation.
- Maintaining and updating Office 2010 Beta Provides information about changing users' configurations after installing Office 2010.
- Security and protection for Office 2010 Beta Provides information new security controls in Office 2010, which make it easier for IT professionals to build a robust defense against threats while maintaining information worker productivity.
- Troubleshooting for Office 2010 Beta Provides suggested solutions to issues you might encounter during a deployment of Office 2010.
- Technical reference for Office 2010 Beta Provides technical details related to Office 2010 Setup properties and command-line options, and describes the Office Customization Tool and Config.xml file.
The ORK team will be monitoring the Office 2010 Forums. If you have specific (constructive) comments or suggestions on an article in the ORK 2010 library or about the ORK 2010 library overall, please post your comments to the most appropriate Office 2010 Forum. We would be most appreciative!
Keep an eye on this Blog! Over the next few weeks and months, the ORK team will be featuring highlights of new articles we’ve published for Office 2010. Happy Office 2010 Beta evaluating!
Download the Office 2010 Beta today: http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9695128
Gracias, merci and ciao!