To deploy a custom configuration, perform the following tasks.
1. Create a network installation point
· Copy all the files and folders from the 2007 Office system CD to a folder on the network or on your computer. For example, copy the files to \servershareOffice12.
· Copy all language packs and additional Office products you want to deploy to the same network installation point. When you are prompted to overwrite duplicate Setup files, click No.
For more information, see Create a network installation point for the 2007 Office system (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc179063.aspx).
2. Use the Config.xml file to customize the installation
To specify installation options, such as the path to the network installation point, the product to install, and custom setup options, and to specify the languages to install, use the Config.xml file that is located in the root of the product folder for the product that you are installing.
To edit the Config.xml file, use a text editor such as Notepad.
1. To modify the display options that users see during installation, locate the line in the Config.xml file that contains the Display element:
<!-- <Display Level="full" CompletionNotice="yes" SuppressModal="no" AcceptEula="no" /> -->
To prevent user intervention during the installation and to specify display options, you can modify the Display element information as shown in the following example:
<Display Level="none" CompletionNotice="no" SuppressModal="yes" AcceptEula="yes" />
For information, see Display element in Config.xml file in the 2007 Office system (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc179195.aspx).
2. To specify additional languages to install, use the AddLanguage elements and attributes in the Config.xml file.