The short answer is: There isn’t one, exactly.
Now for the long answer….
Many of the tools that were in the 2003 Office Resource Kit have been incorporated into the 2007 Office system. We made other tools freely available in the Microsoft Office Download Center.
All of our documentation is available online in the Microsoft Office Desktop Applications TechCenter on TechNet. We also offer our content in Downloadable Books.
If you are deploying the 2007 Office system, it would be a good idea to go to our TechCenter and browse around for awhile. Try clicking the tabs on the top menu. Our site also has a cool new feature called “eyebrows.” That’s right. They look like breadcrumbs (the line of links just below the top menu), but if you mouse over on any of them, they show a dropdown list of other useful links.
Here’s the tour
- Home: Here you’ll find Featured Resources, links to our Technical Library (where you can also find other Office Resource Kit documentation, links to Solutions and Scenarios, and more useful links along the right-hand panel.
- Library: This is our landing page for the 2007 Office Resource Kit, the Office 2003 Resource Kit, the Office XP Resource Kit, and the Office 2000 Resource Kit. It might be confusing to see the 2007 Office Resource Kit on TechNet, and the other resource kits on Office Online. With this release, we realized that our content really belongs on TechNet, along with all of the other documentation for IT professionals.
- Learn: Be sure to check out all of the learning resources for the 2007 Office system.
- Downloads: This page directs you to downloads for multiple versions of Office. These downloads include tools, updates, evaluation software, viewers, compatibility and converter packs, and of course, our Downloadable Books.
- Support: Take a look at the top issues and recommended KB articles. On this page, you can also find webcasts, information about subscribing to TechNet, and how to get help from Microsoft.
- Community: Find blogs, user groups, MVPs, and other communities.
So come to our site and poke around for awhile. If you’re not able to find what you’re looking for, let us know!