The Office Language Interface Pack for 2010 (LIP) is a translated User Interface that installs on top of a copy of Microsoft Office 2010. The LIP can be downloaded and installed for free. Once the LIP is installed and configured, you can change the User Interface for Microsoft Excel, OneNote, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word to your LIP language and use the Spell-Checker in the LIP language.
Nearly all available LIP languages also include a spelling checker. Translated Help is not part of the LIP download package, but is available as a separate download for your selected language from the download site. Below you can find instructions on how to install and configure the Office LIP.
You can see all the available Office 2010 Language Interface Packs (LIPs) here . On this page choose the LIP language you require and hit download and you will be brought to the LIP download page.
In the example below I am downloading the Catalan Office 2010 Language Interface Pack 32bit/X86 version. Because I have a 32bit/X86 version of Office, at the bottom of the Catalan download page, I choose the 32bit/X86 version and I click download or baixa (in this case).
(By the way if you wish to know how to find out if you have a 32bit or a 64bit operating system please watch this video!)
1) Download the LanguageInterfacePack.exe
2) You then click save and save the file to a location on your computer.
3) Once the file is 100% saved you can now click the run button
4) On Windows Vista & Windows 7 you may see a User Account Control dialog that pops up asking you “Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to your computer?”
Please click yes to this dialog!
5) You will be presented with an End User License Agreement. If you accept the terms of the License agreements then please check the box on the bottom left of the screen and double click the Continue button.
The LIP will now be installed on your computer.
6) On the start menu go to All programs | Microsoft Office | Microsoft Office 2010 Tools and click Microsoft Office 2010 Language Preferences
7) You will then be presented with the Microsoft Office 2010 Language Preferences dialog.
8) Now you need to move the LIP Language you have installed (in this case Catalan) to the top of the list by using the up arrow highlight in yellow below. The LIP language you installed should now be the number 1. Option in the Display language list.
9) You should now also make the LIP language (in this case Catalan) the default editing language. To do this click on Catalan in the Choosing editing languages box and then click set as default.
10) Once you have done this you will get a message informing you that you are changing your default language. Please click yes to this.
11) And now click the OK button on the bottom right of the screen
12) You will now be prompted to accept the changes you made to Microsoft Office 2010 Language Preferences so please click OK
You have successfully configured your Office 2010 Language Interface Pack. When you launch Excel, OneNote, Outlook, PowerPoint and or Word these applications will appear in the language you installed.