To install the Office 2007 Language Interface Pack you need at least a Standard version of Office 2007 (in any language).
You can download the Office 2007 LanguageInterfacePack (LIP) from here
Once you have selected the language you wish to install, click the Downloadbutton and save the file to your hard disk.
In the case below I am downloading the Indonesian Office 2007 Language Interface Pack.
Once saved on your hard disk you can now run the Languageinterfacepack.exe program file on your hard disk to start the Setup program.
If on Windows Vista you may see a User account Control security message when you go to run the LIP.exe but just click continue with your Office LIP install.
Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.You first accept the End User Licence Agreement.
You will then see the product installing:
And finally it will finish installing and you will be told.
Congratulations – you have now installed the Office 2007 LIP!
Once installed the readme file for your Microsoft Office 2007 Language Interface Pack can be found at C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\OFFICE12\<LCID*>\LIPread.htm
*Note: An LCID is a Locale Identifier.
You now need to configure Office so that the User Interface appears in your LIP language.
In order to switch your User Interface to the LIP version of the Office 2007 LIP please follow these steps:
1. To switch your User Interface to the version of the Office 2007LIP you just installed please follow these steps:
2. On the Start menu, point to All Programs, point to Microsoft Office, point to Microsoft Office Tools, and then click Microsoft Office 2007 Language Settings.
3. Select the Display Language tab and in the Display Microsoft Office menus and dialog boxes in: dropdown list, select the LIP language you just installed. Thelanguage you selected should now be the default display. In the case below I am selecting the Irish Language (Gaeilge)
4. In the Editing Languages tab select thelanguage from the Available Editing Languages list and click Add. The language you selected should now be listed in the Enabled Editing Languages list.
5. In the Editing Languagestab select the Irish language to be your Primary Editing Language from the Primary Editing Languagelist.
6. Click on the OK button.
7. The user Interface for Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint & Word 2007 should now be in the language you selected when you start any of these applications
You can freely switch between the language of your base Office installation & the language you installed by following steps 1-6 above.
Note:Help cannot be switched to the Ianguage you just installed in the Microsoft Office Language Interface Pack 2007.Help will always remain in your base Office language. Always set your display help in the dropdown list to your base language