Installing and configuring the Office 2007 Language Interface Pack (LIP)

To install the Office 2007 Language Interface Pack you need at least a Standard version of Office 2007 (in any language).

You can download the Office 2007 LanguageInterfacePack (LIP) from here

Once you have selected the language you wish to install, click the Downloadbutton and save the file to your hard disk.

In the case below I am downloading the Indonesian Office 2007 Language Interface Pack.

Once saved on your hard disk you can now run the Languageinterfacepack.exe program file on your hard disk to start the Setup program.

If on Windows Vista you may see a User account Control security message when you go to run the LIP.exe but just click continue with your Office LIP install.

Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.You first accept the End User Licence Agreement.

You will then see the product installing:

And finally it will finish installing and you will be told.

Congratulations – you have now installed the Office 2007 LIP!

Once installed the readme file for your Microsoft Office 2007 Language Interface Pack can be found at C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\OFFICE12\<LCID*>\LIPread.htm

*Note: An LCID is a Locale Identifier.

You now need to configure Office so that the User Interface appears in your LIP language.

In order to switch your User Interface to the LIP version of the Office 2007 LIP please follow these steps:

1. To switch your User Interface to the version of the Office 2007LIP you just installed please follow these steps:

2. On the Start menu, point to All Programs, point to Microsoft Office, point to Microsoft Office Tools, and then click Microsoft Office 2007 Language Settings.

3.  Select the Display Language tab and in the Display Microsoft Office menus and dialog boxes in: dropdown list, select the LIP language you just installed. Thelanguage you selected should now be the default display. In the case below I am selecting the Irish Language (Gaeilge)

4. In the Editing Languages tab select thelanguage from the Available Editing Languages list and click Add. The language you selected should now be listed in the Enabled Editing Languages list.

5. In the Editing Languagestab select the Irish language to be your Primary Editing Language from the Primary Editing Languagelist.

6. Click on the OK button.

7. The user Interface for Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint & Word 2007 should now be in the language you selected when you start any of these applications

You can freely switch between the language of your base Office installation & the language you installed by following steps 1-6 above.

Note:Help cannot be switched to the Ianguage you just installed in the Microsoft Office Language Interface Pack 2007.Help will always remain in  your base Office language. Always set your display help in the dropdown list to your base language

1. Qutus says:

Hi All,

I have asked people within Microsoft about the site Yo linked to above. No one knows anything about that site I am afraid. So I would advise you not to use it under any circumstances! It may contain pirated versions of Office software. Please read this article on the potential pitfalls of using pirated software. news.techworld.com/…/pirated-software-a-shortcut-to-malware-and-worse-says-idc-report

Regards

Qutus

2. Qutus says:

Hi Алекс,

Can you please tell me what version of English Office you have? 2007, 2010 or 2013?

Machine translated into Russian my question is

Можете вы сказать мне, какая версия английского бюро, у вас есть?2007, 2010 или 2013 года?

3. Qutus says:

Hi Lucy – there is no Office Language Interface pack 2007 (LIP) in Czech or French. And the language packs for Office 2007 for Czech and French are no longer for sale. If you have Czech Office 2007 then in your install you got Czech, Slovak, German & English proofing tools. Unfortunately French is not part of your current installation. So much as it pains me to say it your only option is to upgrade to Czech Office 2013.Not ideal I know! However once you do that you can choose to install proofing tools in any language for free. You can install French from here http://www.microsoft.com/fr-fr/download/details.aspx?id=35400
    Hope this helps!
    Qutus

4. Qutus says:

Hi Gokul

Would you please be able to give me more information? What version of Office are you using and what language? Is it Office 2007 Japanese?

Thanks

Qutus

5. Qutus says:

Hi Moneer (and possibly Алекс),

The bad news here is Office 2007 Language Packs are not available for sale anymore. More information on this is @ blogs.technet.com/…/office-2007-language-packs-are-no-longer-available.aspx .

6. Qutus says:

Hi Karl,

From the information you have given me I believe there is no real solution for you to have Spanish on both systems. There is not really a language file you can copy from one machine to another. You need a Spanish Office 2007 language pack which is not available anymore.

The only alternative you have is.. purchase/upgrade to the Office 2010 version (either Office Home and Student, Office Home and Business or Office Professional) in your language and then purchase an Office 2010 language pack to install over your version  of Office 2010.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news here.

Qutus

7. Qutus says:

Phil, Chris,

Unfortunately there are no Language Interface Packs (LIPs) for German or English. There are however Language packs which you can purchase for those 2 languages available to buy at the sites above. In order to see the difference between Language Interface Pack and Language Pack please visit

blogs.technet.com/…/what-is-the-difference-between-an-office-language-interface-pack-and-an-office-language-pack.aspx

8. Qutus says:

Hi Skypull,
    Unfortunately there is no legal way for you to download an Office 2007 English Language pack. Please refer to this post I made a while ago http://blogs.technet.com/b/office_language_interface_pack/archive/2011/10/10/office-2007-language-packs-are-no-longer-available.aspx
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. It is available for 2010 and 2013 though but you will need to upgrade your current version to this also.
    Qutus

9. Qutus says:

Hi Gokul

What Operating system are you using? Have you the Office 2007 Language Pack installed also?

Qutus

10. Qutus says:

Hi Alain & MIke,

I am sorry for the delayed reply on this as I needed to delve deep and find out why this happened. Here is what I found out…

Microsoft no longer offers Office 2007 Language packs for retail purchase as of July 2011.

Office 2010 language packs are available for purchase today on Office.com in 37 languages.

Please note Office 2010 language packs will not work with versions of Office 2007.

If you are an Office 2007 user and you wish to use a language pack you will need to purchase/upgrade to the Office 2010 version (either Office Home and Student, Office Home and Business or Office Professional) in your language and then purchase an Office 2010 language pack to install over your version  of Office 2010.

11. Qutus says:

I think you need to configure Windows XP for double-byte character support:

1.    From the Start menu, select Control Panel, Regional and Language Options.

2.    From the drop-down menu in the Regional Options tab, select the language you would like Windows to support, and click Apply.

3.    In the Languages tab, select Install files for complex script and right-to-left languages (including Thai), or Install files for East Asian languages, depending on the language you would like Windows to support.

4.    Click Apply, OK.

That should do it. Let me know if it works.

Qutus

12. Qutus says:

Hi Johann,

There is no Language Interface Pack (LIP) for German but there is a Language Pack for German. If you want to install and use German Office you need to purchase an German Language Pack at a cost of ~£20. You can purchase the German language pack by going
    to http://www7.buyoffice.microsoft.com/emea1/product.aspx?sku=10234567&cache=-760670295&plang=de&culture=en-GB (if in the UK) and choosing
    the "Buy now" button and then going through the purchase process.

I hope this helps!

13. Qutus says:

Hi Anamica,

What version and language of Office do you currently have? Can I presume you have English Office 2007?

If so I think you want to download the Office 2007 Gujarati Language Interface Pack from http://www.microsoft.com/…/details.aspx and follow the instructions above.

Hope this help!

Qutus

14. Qutus says:

Hi Lian.

You can get a Hebrew Language Pack for Office 2010 only. It costs around $25 and can be purchased from office.microsoft.com/…/language (Just choose Hebrew in the dropdown and click the buy button. Please be aware that the Hebrew Language Pack is no longer available for earlier versions of Office like 2003, 2007.

15. johann4 says:

hi, my office 2007  is in english but i want to chang in german

16. phil says:

hi im phil my office is in german but i want it in english , wht can i do ?

17. Chris says:

I also want my office in English!! But I can't find english language pack

18. Alain says:

Hello.

I have Office 2007 in French – and I also need it in English.

I accessed the page dedicated to those LPs, but they seem to be for the 2010 version only. Nothing is mentionned about 2007.

Are they compatible, or (if not) where can I get this LP for the 2007 version at last ? I've been searching for hours!

Tnx in adv.

19. mike says:

I have the same issue as Alain, nowhere to find 2007 LP. All links leads to 2010.

Please help!!!

Thnx!

20. Karl says:

Hi Qutus,

Like others I have been searching for hours and am aware that MS only supports office 2010 now.

My question or problem is ….  I have a MS O2007 (English version) which I installed on my laptop, it works great.

I recently bought a new laptop here in Spain with a trial office 2007 version (Spanish).  Now that the trial was about to expire I installed the program with my original US MS Office installation disk and after I started the program it is all in Spanish while on my other laptop it is all in English.  I would like to have Spanish on both systems.

This leads me to believe that there must be some sort of language file that came with the trial version that can be copied from one system to the other.  Since I can not find out in what format the LIP file is I can not search for it.

Any suggestions?

21. lian says:

hey, my office is in English and I want it in Hebrew… but there's no Hebrew in here : office.microsoft.com/…/office-language-interface-pack-lip-downloads-HA001113350.aspx

what can I do??

22. David says:

Hi Qutus,

I'm in IT and work in education (grades 9-12) and we currently have Win7 Premium and Office 2007. We're going to have a number of Chinese-speaking students this fall (just found out a week ago) and I've been struggling to add the Chinese PRC Simplified and Chinese Traditional Taiwan input languages/keyboards installed. I had no problem installing them while logged in as a local admin. When I'm logged in as a local or domain admin, I can launch Word 2007, select a Chinese input language and keyboard, type and Word correctly converts it.

BUT, whenever I log in as a domain standard-user, I can select a language (but not keyboard) and Word 2007 doesn't convert what I type. I've tried implementing a Group Policy that adds the relevant Registry keys for the hkey_current_user, but it still doesn't work.

Suggestions or ideas?

23. vivek says:

24. anamica says:

hi,

i want Microsoft office is in English but i want in Gujarati

25. Алекс says:

У меня Office на английском языке. Нужен русский. А его в списке нет. Как изменить с английского на русский?

26. moneer says:

Can you please tell me what version of arabi Office you have? 2007

27. Pedro says:

yo, thank you for the link!

All the downloads are LEGAL and SAFE. They will only work if you already have a LEGAL serial number.

The page just supplies links to Digital River which is the host for Microsoft's online stores

answers.microsoft.com/…/585dcf4b-b932-41be-bd4e-5f3184652ff5

(See the answer from the MVP)

28. Gokul says:

Hi,

Although i have my default language(office) set as Japanese, the japanese characters are showing as garbage(in xlsx). it works fine if the file is in xls format. Please suggest.

29. Gokul says:

yes.. office 2007 and language choosen is japanese by default for MS office.

30. Gokul says:

No language packs installed for office 2007.. and i am using XP.

31. Lucy says:

Hello!
    I have Office 2007 installed in Czech and i need dictionary support in French. Is French included in LIP pack or only in language one which as you said above is no longer sold?

32. Skypull says:

Japannese version is not available?

33. Karla says:

Hi! I have MS Office 2007 installed in my desktop. It was in Korean and now I have changed it to English. Although the change in display language is successful in Excel and Powerpoint, my display language in MS Word is still in Korea. I don’t know what’s
    the problem. Can you help me with this? Thank you so much!

34. Qutus says:

Did you close down Word and then restart it after changing the language settings? Did you install an Office English 2007 Language pack?

35. Karla says:

Yes I did restart Word and the language pack is installed too. What do you think is the problem?

36. Qutus says:

Hi Karla – I am afraid that is the only thing I can think of currently. Was the English Language pack the same version as the Korean version you installed i.e. 2007? Where did you locate the language pack as a matter of interest as it is not available
    on the web from reputable sources?

37. Eevee says:

Hi,
    I have word 2007 in English, but I really need Spanish grammar check in there, and I can’t find it anywhere and the actualization I have downloaded from the official site did nothing. I don’t know what to do anymore. Can you help?

38. Qutus says:

Hi Eevee, Office 2007 English actually contained a Spanish grammar checker I believe. It is nearly 9 years old so you are really testing my memory :). Can I ask what Operating system you have and can you please your email address on here? I will then send
    you some instructions. But in essence you need to have a Spanish keyboard enabled and set as you default language input on your Operating system. And you also need to set Spanish as your default editing languages in "Microsoft Office Language Settings 2007".
    Office 2007 was a bit funky in that Excel 2007 & Powerpoint 2007 used the Microsoft Office Primary editing language setting to determine the default spelling language but Outlook 2007 & Word 2007 used the current keyboard language to determine the default
    spelling language. Hope this helps!

39. chaitanya says:

Hi,
    Can you please expain me what is the diffference of using a german version of MS-Word and selecting the german language in word? Will it make any difference when i used these two ways along with PDF creator?

40. Roj says:

error page not found

41. Qutus says:

Hi Chaitanya,
    I am going to need more information to answer you correctly. What version of Word do you have? Office XP, 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010 or 2013? By using the German version of Word the User Interface (menus, ribbons) will be in German. And when you say you select
    the German language do you mean when in a document? Or choosing it from Office Language preferences or settings? At a guess from what you described above the former mean the proofing tools for German are invoked. The latter means you change the User Interface
    language from another language (e.g. English) to German (you might have a German language installed). That is all I can surmise with the information you have given me.

Qutus.

42. Qutus says:

Hi Roj,
    Apologies about this. Looks like Microsoft have changed some links?URLs. I can find the page @