You receive message "To export a list, you must have a Microsoft SharePoint Foundation-compatible application" when trying to export a list from SharePoint.
You have multiple versions of Office installed on your workstation (Office 2013 and Office 2010 or Office 2007).
- Install Service Pack 2 for Office 2010 - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2687455
- Using Control Panel, Programs and Features window, locate existing instance of Office 2013 application, select it and click on Change button.
- In the “Change your installation of …” window, select the “Add or Remove Features” option and click Continue.
- Expand the “Office Tools”, select “Microsoft SharePoint Foundation Support” and then select the “Not Available” option, Click Continue.
- Once the change process is complete, click the Office 2007 or Office 2010 instance and choose “Change”
- In the “Change your installation of …” window, select the “Repair” option and click Continue.
- Once Repair complete, Restart your computer
NOTE: This solution doesn't apply to scenarios when the following 2013 applications are installed: SharePoint Designer, OneNote or InfoPath
To export a list from SharePoint when SharePoint Designer, OneNote or InfoPath is installed, go into the registry by typing regedit from the Run line and rename the SharePoint.OpenDocuments.5 key (ex. SharePoint.OpenDocuments.5.old) under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT.
** This key will be added back to the registry anytime you run a Repair/Update of the Office 2013 program and will be have to renamed/deleted again.