Office 2010 Availability

Office 2010 is publically available today!  Everyone on the Office engineering team is very excited about this milestone.  We’ve had more of you download and try our Beta than ever before (more than 9,000,000 downloads), and business users have been starting to use Office 2010 since our Business Launch.

Now it’s your turn to use Office 2010.  You can download a trial from from www.office.com, or buy it right from the site.  Also, as Nick Simons mentions on the Office Web Apps blog, the Office Web Apps are also available for you try on Windows Live by going to http://office.live.com.

Finally, continuing our theme of giving you opportunities to learn how other Office customers are taking advantage of Office 2010, we’ve also posted an interview Takeshi Numoto (Corporate VP for Microsoft Office) did with Roxanne Rucowicz, about how and why her small company relies on Office 2010.  Check that out here.

Any questions about how to get Office 2010?  Let us know in the comments!

1. Cleverson Regis says:

I have received my copies original given by Microsoft for the Beta Testers in Office 2010 Tecnical Beta. Thank you Microsoft and congratulations beautiful work!

As a Microsoft Office user of long standing since Office Professional 1997, I am a DIEHARD Outlook fan! I am sad to inform you that as of this year, I will no longer be upgrading Microsoft Office. Your choice to do away with upgrade pricing has priced my fixed income disability budget out of the market. The only portion of Office that I have ever used on a daily basis has been Outlook and as spiffy as the new version looks, I will just have to revert back to Outlook 2007 because I cannot justify the expense of $279 just to upgrade Outlook! I hope you choose to offer Outlook as a standalone again as you did back in 1998 with Outlook 98! If you do, I will upgrade it. In the meantime I will use the beta til it expires and then it’s back to Office 2007 Standard for me.

3. How about the availability of the language packs? The "How do I get more Display and Help languages from Office.com?" in the "Language Perferences" tool has linked to the Beta Language Pack download page ever since the availability of the RTM to Volume License customers, and this is still the case today. Because of this we haven't been able to to roll out Office 2010 the way we wanted to.

4. Steve Armstrong says:

I regret to inform you that this long time user of Microsoft Office, Starting with Office Professional back in 1997 can no longer keep up with the Joneses. I am sad to inform you that as of this year, I will no longer be upgrading Microsoft Office. Your choice to do away with upgrade pricing has priced my fixed income disability budget out of the market. The only portion of Office that I have ever used on a daily basis has been Outlook and as spiffy as the new version looks, I will just have to revert back to Outlook 2007 because I cannot justify the expense of $279 just to upgrade Outlook! I hope you choose to offer Outlook as a standalone again as you did back in 1998 with Outlook 98! If you do, I will upgrade it. In the meantime I will use the beta til it expires and then it’s back to Office 2007 Standard for me.

5. Anne says:

How long can we use the Beta version before we have to purchase the software?

6. Anthony King says:

I was excited when I saw the Beta version and got downloaded. the first download was awful, so I removed it from my system. After a month or so I thought that maybe the bugs may have been fixed and downloaded the beta again.  Very disappointing, so Sorry but I'm not interested in the Office 2010. All I can say is it's a lousy product….very slow, crashes constantly.

7. Massimo says:

Hi…

I tested with great pleasure MS Office 2010, that I find the best one you ever published…

What really deeply upset me, is that you again changed the suites…

The "Small Business Edition" doesn't exist anymore and it was a good compromiss…

We personnally, don't use Access AT ALL… But, Publisher is a real great program and I use it very often, like Word and Excel or Powerpoint…

Now, to get Publisher, you obligate us to buy the professionnal suite that is almost double price comparing to your "Home & Business"… Why?

Why, for example, don't you give the possibility to chose which component of the suite people need?

…and why change all the time your suites? Be coherent…

Because of your suite's change, I'm going to think deeply and seriousely if to buy it or to move to something else… I find just not acceptable that the choice is now so small and the price difference between the suites, so big…

Just pity…I was really enthusiastic at the idea to buy it, but now, I'm frozen by what I saw in the comparison chart and prices…

Have a nice day…

8. Teknisyan says:

Hello… is this a worldwide release or just in the US?

9. John says:

Where in hell is the free download of Office 10 for qualified Office 7 buyers?

10. Skeezix says:

I am looking forward to the ability to fire up 64 bit apps. I am disappointed however to learn that Data Mining add-ins for Excel will not work with 2010 64 Bit…….when can we expect this???

11. Cleverson Regis says:

Thanks Microsoft for give us the Beta Testers in Office 2010 Technical Beta program with a copy of Office Professional 2010, I was very happy with this and I am already using my. Congratulations on your fine work!

12. OfficeFan says:

I just tried the Office Tech Guarantee program. I had purchased Office 2007 Ultimate after April this year and the website showed me as eligible. However instead of upgrading me to Office 2010 Professional Plus which includes SharePoint Workspace and InfoPath, it downgraded me to Office Professional 2010. Who should I lose 2 apps (InfoPath is not of much use to me but I regularly used Groove). I will be staying with the 2007 version. Hopefully, Microsoft will rectify this in the future.

13. OfficeFan says:

In fact I see from this FAQ here (office2010.microsoft.com/…/microsoft-office-2010-technology-guarantee-faq-HA101845577.aspx)
    that Office 2007 Small Business edition users get upgraded to Professional SKU which includes Access as well. All other SKUs like Standard, Office Basic also get additional programs by getting upgraded to higher SKUs (Publisher in Standard and Outlook in Home
    and Business). Only Ultimate buyers get 2 programs *less*. I am not happy about this.

14. Toni says:

I recently purchased Office Professional 2007 with a free download to 2010.  How do I go about downloading 2010?

15. pmdci says:

Hi there,

Could you folks from the Microsoft Office Team please provide us member of the public about your eligibility criteria for giving complimentary copies of Office 2010 to Technical Preview testers?

It is all around the news that Microsoft is giving away complimentary copies for testers that participated on the Technical Preview (TechPrev) through Microsoft Connect (http://connect.microsoft.com). Neowin.net has a featured article about it: http://www.neowin.net/…/microsoft-dishes-out-free-copies-of-office-2010-to-beta-testers

What I find perplexing as an individual who was selected BY MSFT to participate on the TechPrev as tester through the MSFT CONNECT, is that while other TechPrev testers in the same condition as I got a complimentary copy, and I didn't. And by the looks of it on comments around the Internet I am not the only TechPrev tester that is "perplexed" and in the same situation.

I think it would be a nice gesture from you folks would and also a great favour to all of us who tested Office 2010 and sent numerous feedbacks if you took a brief moment to give us a brief explanation about this issue.

It would be quite nice if you folks could post your answer in this threat at the Microsoft Office forum: social.technet.microsoft.com/…/978bd8a5-7f35-4a16-bb73-bd2a8f178ba2

16. tuxplorer says:

I was part of the technical beta+technical preview for Office 2010, as well as the beta for Home and Student 2007, Office Starter and later the public beta. Haven't received any email regarding a complimentary copy.

17. paula says:

i have just purchased the 2010 version and i cna't access my programs with the product key

18. kelby [MSFT] says:

@Anne, the beta runs through October 2010.

@Anthony, sorry about your troubles with the beta. Thanks to feedback from the beta tester community we were able to address the problems we found in beta. If you’re open for giving it another try, I think you’ll like the trial at http://www.office.com/2010.

@Massimo, as we build each new suite of Office we listen a lot to our users…like you. What we found is users wanted simplified SKU system, and we feel we have simplified the new packages based on what we heard people wanted. I’m sorry that the suites don’t perfectly match your needs, but if you are a heavy Publisher user, you can get it as a stand alone product here http://bit.ly/9kMkl1

@Teknisyan, the release is worldwide, and is currently available in 10 languages and we’ll expand that to 94 in the coming months. For more information visit http://bit.ly/aPgMIv

@John, you can visit office.microsoft.com/…/tech-guarantee to get your upgrade for your qualified 2007 purchase. Toni, this should answer your question as well.

@OfficeFan, I hear your frustration. I don’t have the answer, but I’m looking into it to see what I can find out

19. DL says:

Has there been a final release date on pro plus ?

20. Harvey DeGering says:

The tutoring videos play for 3-4 sec; reload takes 10-20 seconds, then repeats, all played on DSL. They are a DISASTER. See them for youself on the internet. winhar@earthlink.net

21. natalie says:

Bought Office 07 Home/Student, was suppose to be able to Update to 2010 at no additional charge. How do I go about doing that?

22. Lane says:

Where is the upgrade to Office 2010 for those of us just purchasing office 2007?

23. kaizoman says:

So the feature that is the slickest in Outlook 2010 for me is 'Quick Steps' I love it.

The biggest downside to it right now though is no functionality for 'Undo' a fairly standard feature.

When will Microsoft support/add/fix undo for 'Quick Steps' in outlook?

Thanks.

24. Michelle says:

Excel keeps crashing on me 🙁

Fortunately 99% of the time it recovers the documents, but this takes about a minute each time on average! I just don't have the time to keep sitting at my desk waiting for Excel to recover my documents, 1-3 times each day. As a professional who uses MS Excel quite often, it is extremely frustrating!! Am I working too fast? Why is this happening? I thought when I switched from Beta it would stop, but I purchased Office 2010 last week and Excel keeps crashing! HELP!

25. rufus gordon jr says:

great!!

26. Rajeev Sharma says:

Blah! Overpriced. Thanks Mac andNeo Office!