Office 2010 Beta Hits a Milestone!

You may have already heard, but we have some exciting news from the Office team — earlier this week we reached the 1 millionth download of Office 2010!  This means that more than 1 million people across  the world are now experiencing and testing the next version of Office.  You’ll recall we launched the public beta just two weeks ago at the Professional Developer’s Conference and in reaching the 1 millionth download milestone, Office 2010 has had more people download it in the first two weeks than any other version of Office including Office 2007!  It’s super gratifying to see so many people interested in experiencing the next version of Office and help us deliver the best product possible.  Anyone who hasn’t yet downloaded Office 2010 should go to www.microsoft.com/2010, try it today, and send us your feedback via this blog or the newsgroups at http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/office2010,office2007deployment.

1. Muhammad Ali says:

Hoping to see the download count doubled in just one week

2. M. R. Pamidi says:

Hello:

I installed Office 2010 Beta. It wiped out my Outlook 2007, and Outlook 2010 doesn’t work and seems to not like my ISP mail server.

Any suggestions?

3. Rahul says:

I think there are more users than the downloads. I myself have installed this on 4 other PCs

4. Dory says:

Can’t try on my 64-bit too bad. Btw, can you clarify what is Office Academic 2010 and how is it different from Professional (licensing?, activation?) if the applications are the same?

5. marmos says:

Hallo!

To M.R. Pamidi.

Before installing something new always READ the terms and installation conditions. To correctly install “office 2010” I think to know that you have to UNINSTALL everything from other variants of “Office”!? Only the “Microsoft Office Click-to-run 2010 (Beta) “ can be installed without removing something.

6. Jim R says:

Super job. Office 2010 is many times faster than was Office 2007. It has the speed of 2003, I think. Keep up the good work. Many thanks.

7. Larry Hall says:

I would like to know if there is another way to download he beta.  I tried but the download manager doesn’t work for some reason.

8. Corey says:

I wonder if Microsoft subtracts the number of people that have uninstalled it because it doesn’t work.

9. Des says:

Office 2010 is very stable and almost as fast as Office 2003, at least on my system.

With so many people having recently purchased new computers running Windows 7, now is a great time for those people to download the Office 2010 beta for their new machines.  Which is one of the main reasons why the download figures are so large.  The other reason being faster internet speeds making downloading large betas much more palatable.  For me the download was very fast, which should be applauded.  I am certainly thankful that the days of waiting a few hours or overnight for a large download are slowly becoming a thing of the past.  The only thing I can really complain about is the high price of my Comcast cable connection (Virtual monopoly in Cambridge MA – what can you do?). Anyway hopefully Comcast will merge with NBC with conditions attached, specifically that regulators will force them to reduce their high speed internet prices or force some sort of pricing control obligation on them so that there is a good balance between innovation and competition in the cable market.  It’s really quite sad to see America so far behind parts of Asia and Europe in terms of internet speed, that really needs to change.

Anyway back to the topic the Office 2010 beta should allow most users sufficient time to thoroughly test run all the Office 2010 applications. This will allow these users to make an informed decision on whether to buy Office 2010 when it comes out next year.  I would definitely recommend that anyone running a new Windows 7 machine with no version of Office on it yet to download the 2010 beta and give it a try.

10. Bruce Wilkinson says:

Seems to work well.  However, it crashed trying to use the import on a Windows Live Mail account.  I had to log into Live Mail and forward everything as an attachment to get it into 2010.

11. paul livingstone says:

i downloaded the click to run and it works real good

12. carolina says:

muy bueno este microsoft office

13. carolina says:

14. laura.carolina18@hotmail.com says:

15. Azu says:

It won’t even let me install. It’s just crashes during to the 4th setup.

16. Nicomo says:

Office 2010-64bit Enterprise Edition – doesn’t install

(on Win7-64-UltimateRC1)

17. John says:

I like it simply because it’s almost like a free version of 2007. Very nice!

18. andre gusman lopez says:

que que que que que que que?

19. jase says:

Crashed while trying to watch the demo PowerPoint. The demo seemed pretty nice. Good transitions, makes PowerPoint look like a current program. I’m not sure if its on par with Keynote since it crashed during the install.

20. SEO Services says:

my outlook 2010 didn`t work

it shws that error

“Unidentified module”

whats da?

<a href=”software’>http://www.softwarelogodesign.com”>software logo design</a>

<a href=”logo’>http://www.logoforcompany.com”>logo for company</a>

<a href=”online’>http://www.scstrade.com”>online banking pakistan</a>

21. John says:

Installed it and transfered my email and accounts from windows mail fine but then went to use it again and everything was gone the email the account settings the lot!!!!!