December 2017 Office 365 Update video, resources and transcript now available!

Welcome of the Office 365 update for December of 2017.

The transcript, including links to additional information on everything we cover, can be accessed by clicking on the following link: Office-365-Update-December-2017-Transcript.

As always, you can find the link to all the videos on YouTube at http://aka.ms/o365update-youtube.

1. Pia says:

Sad to see Docs.com go. I liked it, but I understand. Will you also migrate old content here? This Place will be a treasure grove.

1. Jim Naroski says:

I have posted some of the transcripts from previous episodes on the blog already in the Transcript/Resources Links Archive article. Hope it helps.

2. Marco Scari says:

I have one questions that’s been bugging me:
    How do you install a pdf viewer in Outlook 2016 so that you can preview pdf attachment as you preview Excel attachments?
    Thanks, Marco

1. Jim Naroski says:

Install the latest version of Adobe Reader. Once you do that, you should be able to preview files with a .pdf extension in Outlook.

1. Marco Scari says:

Thanks Jim, I was using Foxit previously, since I installed Adobe Reader I can see pdf previews without issues. Marco

3. Idan Ronen says:

Is there a recurring date every month when the update is executed? or it varies from month to month, cuz if so, when will I enjoy this update. Couldn’t see the update yet in my Office 365 anyways.

1. Jim Naroski says:

Idan, I think you are asking about when you will see the features I cover in the video in your version of Office 365. Let me know if this link is helpful: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/o365guy/2017/11/08/help-i-dont-see-the-client-feature-you-covered.

4. Steve Leibowitz says:

I don’t see access to LinkedIn Learning videos on Help as you demonstrated, is that a phased rollout out?

1. Jim Naroski says:

Hi Steve, I believe the answer your question is yes, but I’m not completely sure if the dependency is on the release cadence of the client or if it is a dependency on if it was rolled out in your tenant. Write back if you are still interested and I’ll see if I can find the time to do some more research.

5. alliejoan says:

How do you subscribe to the RSS feed you mention in the companion video for December? I’m not seeing it when I navigate here?

1. Jim Naroski says:

You should look for a circular orange and white icon under the words “Follow Us”. Click on that icon. If you don’t see it, please do let me know.

6. Jim Naroski says:

The LinkedIn Learning integration I demonstrated was from an new release of the Office client, but I’m not super sure if this capability is dependent on release of the client or the status of the Office 365 tenant. I’ll do some more research if I can find the time.