Windows Azure Web Sites Competition – Terms and Conditions:
1. By entering this competition you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. To be eligible for the competition, you must be a New Zealand Resident using a New Zealand Windows Azure subscription.
How To Enter
3. To enter to win the $1,000 Travel Voucher (“Be Lucky” Competition) you must:
(a) email email@example.com with your contact email, phone number, and a link to your Windows Azure Web Site.
4. To win two Hoyts Movie Vouchers (“Be First” Competition) you must:
(a) be one of the first 50 eligible submissions from 3(a).
5. The competition is open from 30 November to 20 December 2012 – all entries must be emailed to us before this date.
6. Restrictions on Applications: Whilst entries do not need to be free for users to download from the store, .xap files need to be included in your email to firstname.lastname@example.org if the entry is a paid app.
(a) “Be Lucky” Competition: Of all the eligible entries submitted within the promotion period, one will be randomly selected as the winner of a $1,000 Flight Centre Travel Voucher.
(b) “Be First” Competition: The first 50 eligible entries submitted within the promotion period will receive two Hoyts Cinema Vouchers, available to use at every cinema listed here.
8. Prizes will be allocated by the 10th of January 2013, and winners will be notified by the 15th of January 2013, via the email and/or contact phone number provided when the application link/description was emailed to email@example.com as specified in clause 3 and 4.
9. Microsoft is not responsible for entries not received and incomplete, illegible, ‘hacked’ or otherwise fraudulent entries are not valid.
10. Prizes will be delivered to a New Zealand address the winner nominates, at Microsoft’s expense.
11. It is a condition of accepting any prize that the prize winner agrees to participate in publicity generated by Microsoft (or Microsoft’s marketing partners), and agrees to the use of their name, photo, website name(s), and website URL(s) for promotional purposes.
12. Employees of Microsoft (and each of their immediate family members) and independent contractors of Microsoft (and each of their immediate family members) are not eligible to enter.
13. Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash. If you are unable or unwilling to accept your prize, Microsoft may award it to an alternate winner.
14. If you accept a prize you will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to accepting the prize.
15. If for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable, Microsoft may substitute the advertised prize for another prize which has approximately the same recommended retail price.
16. If there is a dispute as to who submitted the winning entry, the winner will be the authorized account holder of the Windows Azure Subscription used to publish the Windows Azure Web Site. Applications submitted in to the draw must be submitted by the actual owner of the Windows Azure Subscription.
17. Microsoft New Zealand Limited is the promoter of this prize draw and may modify these terms and conditions without notice.
18. Microsoft reserves the right to cancel, suspend or change the competition or any element of the competition for any reason, including any cancellation, suspension or change necessitated by any event outside Microsoft’s control.
19. The judge’s decision in relation to the winners or any other aspect of this prize draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
20. Microsoft may disqualify, from participating in this prize draw, any person who tampers with the entry process, or submits an entry not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
21. Microsoft is committed to complying with the Government gift and ethics policies. Employees and independent contractors of the Government must adhere to gift and ethics policies applicable to them when entering this prize draw or accepting any prize.
22. Microsoft is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, servers or providers, or any combination thereof. Nor is it responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this prize draw, or by any technical or human error that may occur in the course of the administration of this prize draw.
23. To the extent permitted by law, Microsoft, its retailers, suppliers, associated companies and agencies will not be liable to you for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever, including personal injury, which is suffered as a result of, or arising from, your participation in the prize draw or winning (or not winning) any prize.
24. At Microsoft, we are committed to protecting your privacy. Microsoft will collect and use your details for the purposes of running this prize draw and to send you promotional material that may be of interest to you, as set out in clause 26 below. You can access or request correction of your details by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
25. By entering this competition, you consent to Microsoft New Zealand Limited sending you marketing and promotional material by email or using any of your other contact details Microsoft may have.
26. Microsoft reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to withhold the award of any or all prizes if entries do not meet the criteria set out in these terms and conditions.