ShareThePoint are providing courses to teachers in Whanganui, Auckland and Hawkes Bay on Office 365, SharePoint and OneNote.
Course duration: TWO 1/2 Days Course cost: $100 (plus GST) each
There are two courses specific to the role of those attending
1. Class Sites and Teacher Resources in SharePoint/OneNote for Teachers
This course is for anyone who is using SharePoint for a School or Staff Intranet and is responsible for maintaining the classroom site and/or a OneNote Classroom Notebook (see outline below). It is an introduction for people who are new to SharePoint 2013 and want to use it for classroom sites, class blog sites, and document management.
2. SharePoint/OneNote for IT Administrators
This course is for anyone who is responsible for creating and maintaining the SharePoint environment (see outline below). It is an introduction for people who are new to SharePoint 2013 and want to use it for staff intranets, classroom sites, teacher resources and also learn how to manage permissions and navigation.
NOTE: This course is for SCHOOLS who have already deployed, or are close to deploying, Office 365.
These courses are subsidised by Microsoft and are therefore offered at the low cost of $100 per half-day.
Attendees are required to bring their own laptop.
Whanganui – 14 October, Auckland – 28 October , Hawkes Bay – 3 November
This course is also available as a private on-site course, where an instructor will com?e to your school and train 12 -16 people in any or all of the modules listed. Please contact ShareThePoint? for pricing.?
Attendees should have experience with Internet Explorer and Office products such as Word, Excel or Outlook. Previous experience with SharePoint (any version) is ideal but not required.
MORNING (8.30am-12.30pm): Class Sites/OneNote for Teachers
Designing and building a personal class site using web parts and collaborative tools.
INTRODUCTION TO SHAREPOINT ONLINE/CLASS SITES
- Demonstration of What is Possible, Site Structure and Layout
- Finding Your Way Around
- Working with Content
DESIGNING YOUR CLASS SITE
- Editing the Home page
- Inserting Videos
- Announcements, Discussion Boards and using Yammer
- Classifying Documents
- What is a View?
- Sorting and Filtering Documents
- Sharing Documents
- Migrating Content from your Shared Drives
WORKING WITH PAGES
- Creating New Pages
- Working with Pictures
- Using Web Parts to add content to pages
PERMISSIONS AND NAVIGATION
- High Level Overview
- Managing Permissions for Class Sites
ONENOTE CLASS NOTEBOOKS
- Using the OneNote Class Notebook Creator within you Class Site
- Managing Permissions
AFTERNOON (1-5pm): SharePoint/OneNote for IT Administrators
- Home Site for School and/or Staff Intranet
- Available Options
- Creating a New Page
- Creating a New Site
- Managing Shared Resources
- Site Templates
- Set up – Site Features
- Introducing Permissions
- Securing the Site Pages Library
- Updating Member Permissions
- Checking Permissions
- Managing Unique Permissions
- Introducing Navigation
- Changing the Global Navigation
- Changing the Quick Launch
MIGRATION and ARCHIVING
- Migrating Documents from File Shares
- Managing Metadata Updates
- Archiving of Documents, Sites and Class Notebooks.
ONENOTE CLASS NOTEBOOKS
- Installing the OneNote Class Notebook Creator App
- Planning for Storage
SHAREPOINT ONLINE ADMIN CENTER
- Overview of the SharePoint Online Admin Center
- Managing Promoted Sites
- Creating Site Collections
- Managing Storage
To register for these courses, visit ShareThePoint