For the month of February, Microsoft is providing you the chance to accelerate your skills on the tech topic of your choice in the Know It. Prove It. challenge, run through the Microsoft Virtual Academy. Make February the month to extend your knowledge! No matter who you are – an IT pro, a student or teacher, a program developer – there will be a topic area that you feel you need to improve on. Once you accept the challenge, Microsoft Virtual Academy offers eight learning areas for you to choose from, each with 28 days worth of learning. You can choose from:
- Cloud Development – gain skills on developing applications, websites, and services to host in the cloud using Microsoft Azure
- Game Development – learn Windows game development techniques using tools such as Construct2, GameMaker, and Unity to develop 2D and 3D games
- Mobile Development – learn mobile app development using C# and XAML, and how to take your app cross-platform with Xamarin
- Web Development – understand the most current tools and techniques to build responsive, reliable web applications for yourself, or your business
- Hybrid Cloud – take this challenge to extend your datacentre to the cloud by combining on-premises and public cloud workloads to maximise efficiency, provide simpler management, and increase flexibility
- Identity and Access Management – effectively implement identity and access management solutions across diverse devices and hybrid environments that require a strong foundation of skills, from enabling single sign-on to extending your domain with Azure AD
- Office 365 – learn how to get the most out of Office 365 services, security, and performance at your small, medium or large organisation
- SharePoint – understand how to develop and administer SharePoint sites to improve information sharing and organisation
The training modules within each learning challenge take around an hour to complete, so you can squeeze one into your day or double up if you miss a day. The modules are designed to help you learn valuable skills quickly through video tutorials, assessments and more. You'll earn badges and points, compete against others in the learning challenge, and interact with other members of the Know It. Prove It. community.
So what are you waiting for? Join the community, commit to the challenge, share your progress, and make February the month that you grow your knowledge!