reminder about upcoming IT Camps in NZ on Windows Azure IaaS
For some, the cloud is a natural evolution of your on-premises infrastructure to the power and scale of the cloud. For others, it’s a journey that has to begin with a single step.
Windows Azure is a comprehensive set of services that enable you to build, deploy and manage applications across a global network of Microsoft-managed datacentres.
With Windows Azure, IT Pros have access to Infrastructure-as-a-Service features like Windows Azure Virtual Machines, Windows Azure Virtual Networks and Windows Azure Storage. These allow you to host or extend your new or existing Windows or Linux based solutions.
To learn more about our Infrastructure as a Service platform, we invite all IT Professionals to join local Microsoft experts as they introduce you to the Microsoft cloud platform, dive deep into Windows Azure Virtual Machines, and help walk you through hands-on demonstrations of the power of IaaS on the Windows Azure platform.
We recommend that all attendees should get a free 90-day trial of the Windows Azure platform and services prior to the event, including access to the Virtual Machines preview.
Participants that successfully complete one of the advanced labs in the afternoon will go into the draw to win a Xbox 360 Prize Pack including - Kinect, Halo 4 and Forza Horizon! Full terms and conditions available here.
9:00am Welcome & Set up
9:30am Session – Windows Azure Overview for IT Pros
11:00am Hands-on-Lab – See below for list
1:30pm Session – Windows Azure IaaS – Deep Dive
2:45pm Hands-on-Lab – See below for list
4:30pm Complete Labs – Prizes and Out!
Labs: During the Hands-On Lab session you can choose from a variety of labs that will be made available to you while being supported by the presenters. Here are some of the labs that will be available:
- Set Up Azure Environment
- Setup Virtual Machines
- Upload VMs from on-premise to cloud
- Deploy app from on-premise VM to PaaS instance
- Deploy Active Directory in Windows Azure
Topics to be covered:
Windows Azure Overview:
Windows Azure Overview:
- Introduction to cloud computing
- Cloud services and scenarios
- Storage services
- Building block services
Windows Azure Virtual Machines:
- Support for key server applications
- Storage management and machine sizes
- Provisioning patterns and approaches
- High availability features
Windows Azure Networking:
- Virtual Machines and DNS
- Protocols and endpoints
- Cross-premise connectivity
- Virtual networking
Virtual Machine management and automation:
- Windows Azure Portal management
- PowerShell Cmdlets for Windows Azure
Be sure to bring a modern laptop that is capable of running the following to make the most of your time at the camp:
- a modern operating system, including Windows 7, Windows 8, Linux and Mac OSX
- a modern web browser, including IE 9, IE 10, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
- a remote desktop client
- We recommend that all attendees should get a free 90-day trial of the Windows Azure platform and services prior to the event, including access to the Virtual Machines preview.