For those kiwis that can’t get to the Microsoft Management Summit next week in Las Vegas; we have the next best thing for you. If you’re seasoned in Windows IT management and looking to expand the way your environments leverage virtualisation, this special event is for you.
Starting the week after MMS the Microsoft Learning team will be hosting an exclusive 3-day Jump Start Class specifically designed for VMware and Microsoft Virtualisation professionals. The good thing about this is its completely free and open to anyone to attend! Details of the event are below.
Here’s a glimpse of what we’ll cover:
- Hyper-V Deep Dive
- Real-world demos of SCVMM 2012 and other just-released tools
- New automation techniques using Opalis & PowerShell
- Private Cloud architecture and SCVMM Self-Service Portal 2.0
- A full day of VDI Architecture, v-Alliance & application delivery
High-level outline below…
What is a “Jump Start” Course?
Jump Start training classes are specifically designed for experienced technologists and IT leaders whose jobs demand they know how to best leverage a new Microsoft technology. These advanced courses assume a certain level of expertise and domain knowledge, so they move quickly and cover topics in a fashion that enables teams to recognize progress quickly.
Not sure you’re ready? Suggested prerequisite skills include real-world experience with Windows Server 2008 R2, virtualisation and datacentre
management. This session is tailored to these types of roles:
– IT Professional
– IT Decision Maker
– Network Administrators
– Storage/Infrastructure Administrators & Architects
Date: March 30-April 1 from 6am-Midday NZ time
Registration: Click here to Register
What’s the high-level overview?
- This course will feature expert instruction and real-world demonstrations of Hyper-V and brand new releases from the System Centre family of products! Register Now!
Day 1 will focus on “Platform” (Hyper-V, virtualization architecture, high availability & clustering)
- Virtualization 360 Overview
- Microsoft Hyper-V Deployment Options & Architecture
- Differentiating Microsoft and VMware (terminology, etc.)
- High Availability & Clustering
Day 2 will focus on “Management” (System Centre Suite, SCVMM 2012 Beta, Opalis, Private Cloud solutions)
- System Centre Suite Overview w/ focus on DPM
- Virtual Machine Manager 2012 | Part 1
- Virtual Machine Manager 2012 | Part 2
- Automation with System Centre Opalis & PowerShell
- Private Cloud Solutions, Architecture & VMM SSP 2.0
Day 3 will focus on “VDI” (VDI Infrastructure/architecture, v-Alliance, application delivery via VDI)
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Architecture | Part 1
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Architecture | Part 2
- v-Alliance Solution Overview
- Application Delivery for VDI
What is a “Jump Start” course?
A “Jump Start” course is “team-taught” by two expert instructors in an engaging radio talk show style format. The idea is to deliver readiness training on strategic and emerging technologies that drive awareness at scale before Microsoft Learning develops mainstream Microsoft Official Courses (MOC) that map to certifications. All sessions are professionally recorded and distributed through MS Showcase, Channel 9, Zune Marketplace and iTunes.