Some interesting upcoming training (LiveMeeting) available later this week for Microsoft Partners:
Understanding Microsoft’s Licensing in Virtualised environments
Microsoft offers numerous virtualisation solutions, and proactive licensing policies, that provide a flexible framework for cost-effective virtualisation. This session is intended to share the Microsoft licensing strategy for Virtualised environments, and provide best practices around engaging and working with customers in each area.
In this session we will cover:
- A Virtualisation overview, understanding the different areas of Virtualisation
- An overview of Server Virtualisation, V-Motion (live Migration), Disaster Recovery and Clustering and the Licensing Ramification of each
- A look at emerging areas of Virtualisation like (VDI, VECD, ACE and Kidaro) and concerns and questions you should be asking
- How to talk licensing to a VMware customer, and using Microsoft’s proactive licensing story as an asset in those conversations.
- And overview of the significant licensing changes Microsoft will be announcing come 2 August (NZ time)
Register here: (you will need to sign into the Partner portal)