Interested in evaluating Virtual Server 2005 R2?
Here are some of the new key features:
- Virtual Server host clustering. Support for host-to-host connectivity lets you cluster all virtual machines running on a host.
- x64 support. Virtual Server runs natively within a 64-bit Windows host operating system, providing increased performance and memory headroom.
- Enhanced PXE booting. PXE boot support has been added to the virtual machine network adapter. This means that when the appropriate network infrastructure is in place, you can perform a network installation of a guest operating system in the same way as physical servers.
- Other improvements. Virtual Server now includes improved hyperthreading, support for F6 Disk (SCSI driver), and virtual disk pre-compactor functionality.
- Performance improvements.
Please note that there are two downloads, one to run on x64 (64-bit) editions of Windows and one to run on x86 (32-bit) editions of Windows.
Virtual Server 2005 R2 (x64) Enterprise Edition 180 Day Evaluation
Virtual Server 2005 R2 (x86) Enterprise Edition 180 Day Evaluation
A few key whitepapers:
Virtual Server 2005 R2 Host Clustering Whitepaper
Improving IT Efficiency at Microsoft with Virtual Server