Are you looking for help to set up communication between Lync online users and their federated contacts? This guided walkthrough—based on analysis of Microsoft Support cases—walks you through the essential steps.
Contributors: Peter Krebs | Patrick Kelly | Tim Lulofs | Darrin Hanson | Premal Gandhi
Published: July 18, 2013
Product version: Lync Online
To assist you in setting up and troubleshooting communication between Lync online users and federated users from other organizations, we launched the Set up Lync Online external communications guided walk-through.
Figure 1. Set up Lync Online external communications guided walk-through
We encourage you to consult the walk-through when setting up or troubleshooting communication between Lync Online users and their external contacts.
Coming Soon: You will be able to locate the guided walk-through from the Office 365 admin center when submitting a support case.
Figure 2. Locating content for your issue in the Office 365 admin center (coming soon)
- Office 365 Help: Configure external communications (Enterprise and Midsize Business admins)
- Office 365 Help: Let Lync Online users communicate outside your organization (Small Business admins)
- Office 365 Help: Add an external contact in Lync (end users)
Lync Online Resources
- Configuring Federation Support for a Lync Online Customer
- Office 365 Community
- Lync Online Technical Blog
- Lync Online Wiki Portal
- Lync Online Forum
- NextHop Blog
We Want to Hear from You
Keywords: Office 365, Lync Online, Federation