The Microsoft Lync 2013 mobile client for Android was released this past weekend. This article discusses some of the key features and links to the download.
Author: Andrew Ehrensing, Microsoft UC Solution Architect and Angela Corman, Microsoft Program Manager
Editor: Susan S. Bradley
Publication date: April 2, 2013
Product version: Microsoft Lync 2013 mobile client for Android
The Microsoft Lync 2013 mobile client for Android was released this past weekend. You must have a Lync account to use this application. Also, some functionality might require an update to Lync Server or might not be available to all users.
Lync 2013 for Android extends the power of Lync to your mobile device—including voice & video over wireless, rich presence, instant messaging, conferencing, and calling features from a single, easy-to-use interface.
Lync 2013 for Android provides transport layer security (TLS) and perimeter/internal network protection without requiring a VPN, so your communications experience is safer no matter where you are or what network you use.
Lync 2013 Mobile Client for Android Additional Features
- View colleagues’ availability in real time and select the best way to communicate— initiating an instant message (IM), email, voice or video call.
- Connect to Lync Meetings with a single touch, without requiring long numeric passcodes or conference numbers.
- Forward or simultaneously ring calls to your Enterprise Voice (Lync ID) number, so you’ll never miss a call.
Lync 2013 for Android Download
You can download Microsoft Lync 2013 mobile client for Android here. Remember to rate the application if you install it, and keep the positive ratings coming. Thank You!
- KB Article 2834018: Troubleshooting issues with Microsoft Lync 2013 for Android
- KB Article 2829747: Android smartphone devices that are supported for use with Lync 2013 for Android