This article describes updates made to the Lync Server 2010 Multitenant Pack for Partner Hosting Deployment Guide published on July 25, 2012.
Author: Randall DuBois
Publication date: July 30, 2012
Product version: Lync Server 2010 Multitenant Pack for Partner Hosting
After another round of testing and feedback from customer deployments, we've made a few updates to the deployment guide for the Lync Server 2010 Multitenant Hosting Pack.
Sincere thanks to everyone that has provided feedback! We’d like to thank all of the community members active in blogging about the Hosting Pack and answering questions in community forums.
In particular, we’d like to thank the folks at POSTcti for their continued assistance in improving the product and the documentation.
About the updates
We have made the following updates to the deployment guide.
6.3 Update the SQL Server Databases
Important: This important post-installation configuration step is required after you have configured your Front End Server.
After you configure your Lync Server 2010, Front End Servers, you need to update the SQL Server databases so that they are compatible with the updates applied with the Lync Server Update tool.
To update the SQL Server databases
1. On all Front End Servers, open the Lync Server Management and run the following cmdlet to stop Lync Server services: Stop-csWindowsService
2. On one of the Front End Servers, run the following cmdlet to update the databases:
Install-CsDatabase -Update -ConfiguredDatabases –SqlServerFqdn <SQL Server FQDN>
3. On all Front End Servers, run the following cmdlet to restart Lync Server services:
In the Known Issues section:
Important information about using the Lync Server Update tool
The Lync Server 2010 Multitenant Hosting Pack is tightly dependent on specific versions of Lync Server 2010 components. Using conventional Lync Server cumulative updates is restricted within the Lync Server Multitenant Hosting Pack environment.
Warning: Applying any updates to the Lync Server 2010 components included with the Lync Server Multitenant Hosting Pack media will result in an unsupported configuration, and may result in the need to recreate your deployment.
Resolving issues with referral support
There is an issue with referral support for Enterprise Voice that requires you to make the following update to get accurate billing for forwarded, simultaneous ring, and transferred calls. On your Mediation server, update the following file:
C:Program FilesMicrosoft Lync Server 2010Mediation ServerMediationServerSvc.exe.config
Add an <appSettings> section similar to the following, modifying values for your deployment as necessary.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<add key="lync.contoso.com.ReferredBySupported" value="true"/>
<add key="lync2.contoso.com.ReferredBySupported" value="true"/>
- Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Multitenant Pack for Partner Hosting Resources
- Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Multitenant Pack for Partner Hosting Deployment Guide
- Reference Architecture for the Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Multitenant Pack for Partner Hosting
- A Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Multitenant Pack for Partner Hosting Reference Architecture Case Study
Lync Server Resources
- Lync Server 2010 Documentation Library
- DrRez blog
- NextHop blog
- Lync Server and Communications Server resources
We Want to Hear from You
Keywords: Lync Server 2010 Multitenant Pack for Partner Hosting; Hosting Pack; Deployment Guide