This is part three of four-part series that outlines how to use Snooper to troubleshoot Lync Server 2010. In this video, Jigar Dani, a Senior Support Escalation Engineer at Microsoft, uses Snooper to troubleshoot an inbound call failure and details an action plan to resolve the issue.
Author: Jigar Dani
Publication date: April 30, 2012
Products: Lync Server 2010, Lync 2010
Snooper is a multipurpose debugging tool for Microsoft Lync Server 2010 communications software. Snooper parses server and client trace log files and makes protocol (for example, SIP and HTTP) messages and traces easier to read. It can also read call details and stored procedure execution reports for errors. In addition, Snooper can display reports about users, conferences, and conferencing servers (also known as multipoint control units or MCUs). You can download this tool and other Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Resource Kit tools from the Download Center.
- Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Resource Kit Tool: Snooper
- Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Resource Kit Tools
- Troubleshooting Lync Server 2010 with Snooper: Part 1
- Troubleshooting Lync Server 2010 with Snooper: Part 2
- Troubleshooting Lync Server 2010 with Snooper: Part 4
Lync Server Resources
- Lync Server 2010 Documentation Library
- DrRez blog
- NextHop blog
- Lync Server and Communications Server resources