There is a new update for Office Communications Server 2007 R2. The April update resolves an issue when Microsoft push notification messages are not delivered to Lync mobile clients, along with multiple previously documented issues. See Description of the update for Office Communications Server 2007 R2: April 2012 for a complete description.
When Lync Server 2010 Enterprise Edition or Standard Edition front end server pools are deployed with either:
- Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Edge server pool
- Lync Server 2010 Edge server pool
Push notifications for Lync mobile clients are not delivered to the Apple iPhone, Apple iPad and Windows phone 7 mobility platforms.
Note The Lync mobile application can run in the background on Android and Nokia devices, so push notifications are not required for these devices.
- An update is available to add a detailed exception message to an Office Communications Server 2007 R2 trace log
This article discusses an update that adds a UCWEB exception message to the Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2 trace log when a 404/Not found or a 500/Internal errormessage is received in the log.
- OWA does not work correctly in an Office Communications Server 2007 R2 environment that has OWA integration configured
In a Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2 environment that has instant messaging (IM) integrated with Outlook Web Access (OWA), the OWA functionality does not work periodically. For example, a user encounters the following issues:
- Slow response or no response from the OWA server for certain user actions.
- Unavailable IM and presence functionality.
- An update is available for Office Communications Server 2007 R2, UCMA 2.0 Core Redist 64-bit to support encoded IPV6 addresses
This update for Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2, Microsoft Unified Communications Managed API 2.0 Core Redist 64-bit adds support for situations in which Outlook Web App (OWA) interoperates with a site that has the upcoming version of Lync Server installed, and that has IPv6 enabled.
Lync Server Resources
- Lync Server 2010 Documentation Library
- DrRez blog
- NextHop blog
- Lync Server and Communications Server resources