This article has been updated. A new section, Create a DNS SRV Record for Integration with Hosted Exchange UM, was added to this article on February 13, 2012 and the article was moved to the Lync Server 2010 TechNet Library. You can now view the content of this article at Configuring On-premises Lync Server 2010 Integration with Exchange Online.
This article describes how to configure integration between on-premises Microsoft Lync Server 2010 deployments and Exchange Online.
On-premises Lync Server 2010 supports interoperability with Exchange Online in the following ways:
- Calendar data and out-of-office messages
- Instant Messaging (IM) and presence interoperability in Outlook Web App
- Voicemail interoperability
Outlook Web App can interoperate with on-premises Lync Server 2010 to provide users with instant messaging (IM) and presence within the Outlook Web App interface.
Author: Chloe Brussard and Randall DuBois
Publication date: June 28, 2011
Publication update: February 13, 2012
Product version: Lync Server 2010
For more information about how to configure your Lync Server 2010 deployment for Unified Messaging, see the following topics:
- Configuring On-premises Lync Server 2010 Integration with Exchange Online
- Providing Lync Server 2010 Users Voice Mail on Hosted Exchange UM
- Hosted Exchange Unified Messaging Integration
Lync Server Resources
- Lync Server 2010 documentation in the TechNet Library
- DrRez blog
- Lync Server and Communications Server resources
We Want to Hear from You
Keywords: Lync Server 2010 integration with Exchange Online