Windows IE 8.0 Installation

Hi All,

We’ve been hearing that there is some confusion with how Windows Internet Explorer 8 is offered through Windows Update (WU) and Automatic Updates (AU), so we thought we’d post a little bit of information regarding this update.

WU and AU will not automatically install Internet Explorer 8. It can be installed just like any other interactive update in WU or AU. The update will be offered to you, and you can choose Install, Don’t Install or Ask me later. If you choose Don’t Install then it won’t be actively offered to you again, and it will become an Optional Update which you can manually install at some point in the future.

Why is it classified as an Important (or High Priority on XP) Update? This classification is used for updates that protect you from security or privacy threats, significantly improve the reliability of your PC, etc.  There are many new security features in IE8 that protect you while browsing the Web, and this update is offered like other updates that have similar security implications, like the Microsoft Software Removal Toolkit (MSRT). For more information about how we classify updates, please visit the Windows Update Website on microsoft.com.

Hope this information is clear!

MU Team

242 Microsoft Team blogs searched, 118 blogs have new articles in the past 7 days. 314 new articles found

I installed 8 beta is the internet, but I do have what is causing problems again, I’ve deleted from 7 until you have to install a full version I do not want thank you for writing

Rolling out IE 8 using WSUS should be a silent install with no user interaction.  Why is it necessary for all of my users to answer a software improvement question before IE 8 loads?  I can get around your WSUS rollout if I spend time building an install with IEAK 8, test it, pilot it and then rollout it out but why do I need too when WSUS is available to me?

IT Departments use WSUS so that our users aren’t impacted by software updates and so that we can install patches and updates with minimum user interaction.

8 I heard a few people at the moment the internet was not good as a beta version and then I’ll wait a bit longer to install

8 is the development a little more of the internet browser has some problems, thanks for news

I will work around this defect by disabling automatic installation.  But that won’t bring back my lost work.  🙁

8 According to the internet to hear good news for your future was going to install thank

I have a little something, but a few internet version 8 to be considered are the problems they need to be corrected

7 windows inevitable mistakes, ie 8 out we were faced with was good thanks

I installed the version of the internet version 8, but I encountered some problems I’m sure would be nice after correction

Ie 8 is better than any other browser.

microsoft internet was out but a nice 8 i here you got them done if the problem would be very good

i installed perfectly no matter

one side was better than 8 in the Internet need to be updated was an installation microsoft a thank you thank you for your summer

Ie 8 is better than any other browser.

thanks for informing us

i installed perfectly no matter

I was more or less forced to upgrade my trusty old IE6 to IE8. There are a couple of things that I DO NOT like about IE8. I am constantly having to adjust either the "zoom" percentage or the text size on every web page I visit. I never had that problem with IE6. When combined with the Yahoo Tool Bar, the IE8 tool bar takes up valuable screen space because in hangs down lower on the screen. Both the IE8 and the Yahoo Tool bars have search boxes. One is enough. Both have "favorites" buttons, one is enough. Users can’t customize the tool bar. If I could get rid of the IE8 favorites button and search box, it would free up valuable screen space. As with anything from Microsoft, it’s their way or no way. This IE8 is not customizable, therefore not user friendly, therefore my low rating. I’m tempted to switch back to IE6 that’s for sure.

21. Dennis Wayne says:

I just may add something to your files like an update ,I am no longer here on your planet ,I found planetary starships onb my own it was shown once as the last star navigations mission to never abort, Our lives if we were to be drestroyed for even trying to make ourselves a living person tat tried to Care for our self and others alike and we don't like abusers.