Rollout start and client availability

Hi Folks –  Noticed a little confusion from our blog post yesterday regarding the Windows Update Agent Update availability.  Last night’s blog post was to give you some lead time before we started rolling out and making our standalone WUA update available.   We are on schedule to start the rollout Monday, 11/3/08.  Hope this helps and sorry for any confusion.

The MU Team

Commenting on a friend gave me code my room has truly been helpful thank you, thank you write

provide useful information, thank you very much super you will have worked

This is old news, but if you have the old software it is still usefull for me.

hello! I seach Updates both offline(use ‘wsusscn2.cab’) and inline mode, but i cannot get any download link, please help me, thanks a lot!

my code:

LONG GetUpdateCollection(CComPtr<IUpdateSession2>& lpSession, CComPtr<IUpdateCollection>& lpUC, LPCWSTR lpwsSearchPack = NULL)throw(_com_error)

{

LONG lCntUpdates = 0;

CComPtr<IUpdateSearcher> lpSearcher;

CheckError(lpSession->CreateUpdateSearcher(&lpSearcher));

CComPtr<IUpdateServiceManager> lpManager;

CComPtr<IUpdateService> lpSvc;

if (NULL != lpwsSearchPack)

{

CheckError(lpSearcher->put_ServerSelection(ssOthers));

CheckError(lpManager.CoCreateInstance(CLSID_UpdateServiceManager));

CheckError(lpManager->AddScanPackageService(SysAllocString(L"Search"),

SysAllocString(lpwsSearchPack),

&lpSvc));

BSTR bsSvcId = NULL;

CheckError(lpSvc->get_ServiceID(&bsSvcId));

CheckError(lpSearcher->put_ServiceID(bsSvcId));

SysFreeString(bsSvcId);

}

CComPtr<ISearchResult> lpSearchResult;

CheckError(lpSearcher->Search(SysAllocString(L"AutoSelectOnWebSites = 1 and IsHidden = 0 and IsInstalled = 1"), &lpSearchResult));

OperationResultCode rc;

CheckError(lpSearchResult->get_ResultCode(&rc));

if (rc == orcSucceeded)

{

CheckError(lpSearchResult->get_Updates(&lpUC));

CString str(_T("Update Info:"));

CheckError(lpUC->get_Count(&lCntUpdates));

if (lCntUpdates > 0)

{

// too much item, so get first 6 items

lCntUpdates = lCntUpdates > 6 ? 6 : lCntUpdates;

for (LONG l = 0; l < lCntUpdates; ++l)

{

}

}

AfxMessageBox(str);

}

return lCntUpdates;

}

Extremely glad I happened upon this page. Problem solved – you have my appreciation.

Thank you friend codes in comments which help me a lot of work has

The "confusion" has been related on the MSKB articles having been updated with links to download the standaolone of WUA 7.2.6001.788 while the download didn’t work (resulting in a 404 not found error). That’s fixed now.

Thank you for informing us all of you with all respect

Jipiiiee , this is great for me. Now im a new happy man with clean software.

The information you provide to truly thank you.

We thank you for sharing this information with yours truly

Introducing such a topic you’d like to congratulate you’ve let us know. Have good work

admin saol

thank you very good. very good article.

To the team, I have the latest standalone Windows Update Client package EXE file version 7.2.6001.788.

Now how do I update the WSUS Self-Update tree with this latest version?

We need Automatic Updates to update itself with the latest Windows Update Client version 7.2.6001.788.

comments to one of our friends to help me the code too thanks everyone

issue into the hands of people has been helpful my job as it help me thank

I will immediately grab your rss feed to stay privy of any updates. Pleasant work and much success in your business dealings!

Commenting on one of our friends was wonderful and enter code gave thanks to those people

Well, this is a very valuable post. Thanks for the information you provided. It would be great if got more post like this. I appreciate it.

thank you very good very good article very good

Thanks MU Blog is super

The information given to us, thank you for lighting