More on Windows XP Service Pack 3…

We’d like to provide more information and address reports you may have heard about  “continuous reboot loops” occurring upon the update to Windows XP SP3.

After investigation, we’ve determined this problem occurs on AMD-based machines with Windows XP images that were originally captured by an OEM on an Intel-based machine.   The problem is a registry value, present on images created w/ Intel processors, that causes a driver (intelppm.sys) to load at boot.  When intelppm.sys attempts to load on an AMD-based system upon the install of SP3, it causes a blue screen and the continuous reboot.  We’re planning to add a filter to prevent Windows Update from offering SP3 to affected systems and are investigating a fix. Any customers affected by this issue should contact Microsoft Customer Support Services for assistance. More information is available in KB88372 and here.

On a related note, we’ve heard a few questions about SP3’s distribution.  To clarify our earlier post, SP3 is currently available as a High Priority update on the Windows Update website.  This means that if you go to WU and do an express or custom install – you should see SP3 listed.  We’re planning to begin automatic distribution (via AU) of SP3 sometime in early summer.

Hope this is helpful,

-MU Team

(Por El Microsaurio) ¡Horror, espanto y desesperación!Dense una vuelta por este blog mantenido por el equipo de gente que hace Windows Update en Microsoft, y lean el texto posteado por Michelle Haven, Gerente de Producto Para Windows Update (ese es su

Kurzbeschreibung: Service Pack 3 (SP3) für Windows XP KB936929. Das SP3 enthält alle nach der Freigabe von SP2 und bis zur Fertigstellung des SP3 (am 14.04.2008) veröffentlichten Sicherheitsupdates für Kernkompenten von Windows XP. Zusätzlich enthalt

Windows XP Service Pack 3 Deployment Tools

Instead of using windows vista windows xp service pack 3 it is better to use. because vista is still not fit.

windows xp service pack 3 xp exit from the most important factor has gained more and more every time Microsoft has announced

Holy crap!  Windows Update is driving me bananas!  It is now mid-June and it seems there is another  Windows Update almost every day!  This is just bloody annoying.  If this keeps up, automatic updates is gonna get turned OFF on my computers.  Occasional updates are okay, but nearly every day!! C’mon lets get it together and stop these almost daily updates.

now I’m using service pack 3 I do not have any complaints very nice great

I read in KB894199 that on July 10, 2008, at 10:00 AM PST, Microsoft will begin to push distribution of Windows XP Service Pack 3 via Automatic Updates.

In the trade press, there are stories about SP3’s availability via Automatic Updates in the near future.

Please confirm the launch date for me. Here is a related story:

Meerkats Don’t Spoil Their Mind-Numbingly Cute  http://www.boyaciustasi.biz thnx

I am currently still using Service Pack 3 and I am happy to thank news

service pack 3 does not much like a version in the market was very good thank you thank you microsoft blogger

admin saol canım

I already install Windows XP SP3 serveral times, the problem that I found about after installation SP3, Windows XP always boot by itself. This problem because GDI32.DLL. And I already solved this problem.

Also make sure your Windows XP should have minimun SP1 before upgrade to SP3, because if Windows XP doesn’t have SP1, than it can not installed SP3.

out with service pack 3 from microsoft site and still use me to update I did, thank you in your news

I do not understand the issues when you have windows vista service pack him off to windows xp service pack has been removed whatever reason the essential best xp xp thanks for the information provided..

hi windows xp service pack 3 was out a little more spectacular in the market looks like it thank you for the article mentioned

This and similar information-sharing my vocabulary expanded again. Thank you for your writing …

very good news of the program to update office thank you very much to the person issued the

ikisi bi arada yakında üçü geliyor

Service Pack 3 very well hi I’m using a version here, I encourage everyone