User adoption is a very important part of a successful CRM software implementation. We released Organization Insights in Preview with the Fall 2016 release of Microsoft Dynamics 365. It is now fully supported and available for download on AppSource. Organization Insights is a customizable dashboard that will give you visibility into how many people are using your application and which users are the most active. It can help you troubleshoot issues by providing visibility into workflow errors. Not all partners are aware of Organization Insights, so we will provide a quick overview of the solution in this post and will show a demo of Organization Insights on our October 10 partner community call.
The Organization Insights dashboard has five sections:
- Active Usage
- System Jobs
- API Calls Statistics
Each section allows you to monitor data over a specific period. There is a multitude of charts you can choose from to ensure your dashboard is showing data that is relevant to your organization.
- Monitor adoption and use: Identify your most active users, the number and types of operations they’re performing, number of page requests, most used entities, and workflows and plug-ins over a certain time period, as you work toward your adoption goals.
- Manage storage and performance: Monitor storage quotas, storage use, and common tables by size to optimize performance.
- Customize dashboards: Set up your organization’s dashboard to provide a rich user experience and snapshots of your organization’s most important data.
- Troubleshoot effectively: Drill down into the details of your top failing workflows and API calls to quickly diagnose and troubleshoot errors.
- Open Data Protocol (OData) support: Organization Insights entities are available through OData for independent software vendors to build capabilities for any custom requirements.
You can find more information about Organization Insights and how to install this solution below: