By Colleen CosMaria, US Visual Studio Lead, and Rodrigo de Carvalho, US Cloud Application Development Marketing Manager
If you’re a Microsoft partner with a Gold Competency, Silver Competency, or a Microsoft Action Pack subscription, your Microsoft Partner Network membership benefits include licenses for software development tools. Here are three ways using your Visual Studio subscription licenses can propel your business forward.
- Learn more about MPN internal use rights (IUR) benefits
- Details about Visual Studio subscriptions for MPN members
1. Improve profitability with new offerings and save by optimizing your operations
With Visual Studio, you can create epic apps for Windows, iOS, and Android, media solutions and lines of business.
The application development opportunity for partners is significant. The largest (59%) percentage of large, midsize, and small business decision makers predict that cloud-based software and applications will be their most significant investment over the next 5 years to reach business goals. (Source: Hosting and Cloud Study 2016 – The Digital Revolution, Powered by Cloud – Survey Results, 451 Research, 2016)
Build fully native Android, iOS, and Windows apps easier than ever with Visual Studio and Xamarin. You’ll be able to scale to large masses of users by integrating on-premises and cloud-based data and identity systems. Reach even deepen user engagement with machine learning, data services, analytics, and push notifications.
- Learn more about creating mobile apps with DevOps tools
- Download the new guide to building an Application Development practice
- Download the guide to building great apps
2. Reduce your costs
Use your Visual Studio Subscription to explore the unified solution provided by Visual Studio, Azure, and Xamarin Test Cloud to speed up application delivery and boost productivity and the quality of your web or application projects.
With the adoption of DevOps practices – continuous integration and continuous delivery – you can detect issues earlier and more often, create a more effective feedback cycle, and develop the features that add value to your business. In summary, Visual Studio, Xamarin, and Azure can help you streamline application delivery, save time, and reduce costs.
- Learn more about Xamarin and Azure
- Learn more about the potential ROI enterprises can realize through deploying a Microsoft DevOps solution
3. Boost your business and scale
We want every eligible partner to utilize these core benefits of Microsoft Partner Network membership, while remaining compliant. If you have more developers than MPN benefit licenses granted through your subscriptions, or you’re doing direct-billable work, you should acquire Visual Studio licenses.
Partners with one or more active competencies may be eligible for a discount of up to 20% on Server and Cloud Enrollment (SCE) licenses. Examples of how you might use this discount:
- Upgrade to Visual Studio Enterprise from the licenses granted through your Visual Studio subscription and receive a Visual Studio Software Assurance SKU
- For dev tools not covered by granted licenses, eligible Microsoft partners may purchase at SCE prices
Action Pack partners and Network Members are not eligible for this offer.
- Details about Visual Studio subscriptions for MPN members (select the tab called “Access subscriber software and benefits” for offer details and how to acquire licenses)