The next Windows and Devices Partners community call is on December 15 at 12:00PM Eastern Time, 9:00AM Pacific Time. This month's topic is about approaching conversations with customers about application compatibility, using Windows Upgrade Analytics Service.
You may remember that several years ago, migration from Windows XP to Windows 7 wasn't easy. Estimates are that some customers spent up to $2,000 per PC to migrate to Windows 7, and it took three to seven years for these deployments to be completed.
Windows 10 deployments are expected to be simpler:
- Windows 10 compatibility rate of 99% with widely used applications
- Development of new deployment methodologies such as dynamic provisioning and in-place upgrade
- Better insight into issues that impede customer upgrades using Windows Upgrade Analytics Service
Windows Upgrade Analytics Service provides data-driven insights for customers to plan and manage the Windows upgrade process end to end.
During the Windows and Devices Partners call, we'll show you how the Upgrade Analytics dashboard can be used to rationalize driver compatibility issues, gain insight into how to prioritize web application testing, and define application support based on app versions that have been validated by Microsoft.
Upgrade Analytics is integrated into Microsoft Operations Management Suite. You can sign up for a free OMS subscription and add Upgrade Analytics to your workspace to start visualizing workflow from pilot to deployment.
Microsoft Application Compatibility resources
- Learn more about Windows Upgrade Analytics Service
- Windows IT Center: Manage Windows upgrades with Upgrade Analytics
- Sign up to create a free Operations Management Suite workspace
- How to add Upgrade Analytics to Microsoft Operations Management Suite
- Upgrade Analytics blog
- Find software solutions that are supported and in use for Windows 10
- Desktop Deployment Planning Services (DDPS)
Windows Accelerate funding
Windows Accelerate Funds are available to qualified partners for eligible customer engagements, including hosting a two-day customer workshop that introduces the concepts of application compatibility and Windows as a service in Windows 10. Qualified partners will have the Devices and Deployment competency or the Windows and Devices competency.
Windows and Devices Partner Community
- Community call schedule
- Windows and Devices Partners Yammer group
- Community blog series
- Training and enablement
We look forward to continuing the conversation with you about the Windows 10 opportunity. We use our Windows and Devices Partner Community calls, blog posts, and Yammer group to share information and connect with you. If you’re serious about building and sustaining a profitable Windows practice, and want in-depth assistance, email WinRecruit@microsoft.com or post your question in the Yammer group.