More than 60 partners joined us in November at the Cloud Ready workshop in Irvine, California to learn about transforming their businesses to capitalize on the Microsoft Cloud. The Cloud Ready workshop is structured to help partners build and sustain a profitable, cloud-oriented partner business, through a mix of expert instruction and conversations with partners that have been through Cloud Ready and achieved business goals they set.
Here are highlights from the presentations we heard:
- Chaitra Vedullapalli from Meylah reviewed the cloud business model canvas template that she has used to help more than 100 partners create a cloud business plan. She recommends that partners sell a Microsoft cloud solution plus partner services that could include migration, business intelligence, ongoing maintenance, integration, or customer training and support.
“You are selling a comprehensive business solution that stitches a variety of products and services together, not just the cloud stack. The more services you offer, the ‘stickier’ you become to your customers. Stitching software is the new game” – Chaitra Vedullapalli
- James Farhat from ACTS captivated the audience with examples on how he hacked his way to cloud transformation to earn gold competencies and gain visibility within Microsoft.
“The biggest things MSPs should focus on are PowerApps, Logic Apps, and Power BI.. With every customer request for custom build, partners need to think ‘Can I make it a product?’ ” – James Farhat
- Dan Gordon from Intivix and MyWorkDrive explained how a Managed Service Provider can create monthly recurring opportunities through intellectual property. He encouraged attendees to have a clear vision and revenue targets and set a timeframe to reach these goals.
- Dan Langille from QUADROtech shared his ideas for aligning your partner business to Microsoft objectives and the habits of successful Microsoft partners.
One of the habits of successful Microsoft partners that we encourage partners to establish during the Cloud Ready workshop is a cloud business goal that can be accomplished in the 100 days following the workshop. Here are some of the commitments workshop attendees made:
- DJ Das from Third Eye Consulting is determined to certify his Internet of Things solution Eyera on Microsoft Azure, complete a business plan to start selling his solution, and close a couple of new business accounts.
- Keith Parker from Parker Consulting is committed to building his cloud stack, selling Office 365 licenses, bringing Azure-based apps to the cloud marketplace, and working towards earning a gold cloud competency.
- Jasson Walker of cFocus Software, a federal government IT solutions provider is keen to build an executable go to market strategy for Authority to Operate ATOaaS and achieve their first Microsoft cloud competency.
Start your Cloud Ready journey
We are hosting another Cloud Ready workshop on December 8 in Bellevue, Washington, and planning to bring the Cloud Ready workshop to more US cities in early 2017. If you’re in the Seattle area, there are still a few seats available for the December 8 workshop. If you’re interested in our 2017 events, join the Cloud Ready Yammer group to stay informed about the schedule, connect to workshop attendees, and more.
You can get started today on your cloud journey by taking the cloud ready assessment to help you identify your current level of cloud readiness.