Welcome to the Dynamics 365 blog series for November. This month's focus is on connecting you to the wealth of Microsoft Dynamics resources available to you, including Microsoft AppSource, the Dynamics Learning Portal, and Internal Use Rights and demo benefits. Join us for the next community call on November 8 when we will discuss these resources in detail.
Microsoft AppSource is a single destination for business users to discover, try, and acquire line-of-business SaaS applications. As business users continue to take a leading role in deciding upon and procuring workplace applications, AppSource provides a platform for you to put your applications in front of them. Showcase your applications that work with Dynamics 365, Office, Power BI, and Azure, and make them more visible and discoverable to millions of customers. And, if you're a systems integrator partner that has the expertise to help customers implement apps that are on PartnerSource, there's now an opportunity for you with AppSource, too.
Dynamics Learning Portal
The Dynamics Learning Portal (DLP) provides learning plans and training opportunities to partner sales and technical roles. Learning resources are available for all Microsoft Dynamics products including AX, CRM, GP, NAV, SL, and new content about Dynamics 365. Go to the Dynamics Learning Portal for on-demand training that can help you increase your skills and knowledge, and you can also perform hands-on labs, view an in-person event schedule, review exam preparation guides, and more.
For access to DLP, you must meet one of these criteria:
- Enrolled in Dynamics Partner Advantage, Partner Advantage PLUS Service Plans, Premier Support for Partners, or Advanced Support for Partners; OR
- Purchased the Dynamics Training Pack and maintain in action one of the Dynamics Agreements such as CSA, PRA, or SPA
Internal Use Rights and demo benefits for Microsoft Dynamics CRM Solutions
Give your team hands-on experience and run your business on the Microsoft cloud solutions you are selling, deploying, and supporting.
- Partners with a silver or gold competency receive Microsoft Dynamics CRM internal use rights benefit entitlements, and partners with the Dynamics Cloud CRM Silver or Gold competency receive additional entitlements.
- Demo benefit licenses allow eligible partners to setup and customize multiple demo scenarios and test environments help them more effectively sell cloud solutions to their customers.
- Information about benefits for Dynamics 365 is not yet available. We'll share information on our blog and Yammer group when it is available.
The partner opportunity
The opportunity for Microsoft partners to showcase their solutions in a single global marketplace for line of business SaaS apps with AppSource is significant. In its Worldwide Enterprise Application Forecast report released in September 2015, IDC forecasts the opportunity for public cloud SaaS apps to be more than $57 billion by 2019 (IDC, 2015). And, line of business decision makers will fund 61% and influence 81% of technology projects (IDC, 2015)
Now is the time to learn how to utilize AppSource and our Dynamics partner resources for business growth and to uncover new opportunities. Join us on November 8 for the Dynamics 365 Partner Community call, where we'll discuss these resources.