Find out what’s new for Microsoft partners. We’ll connect you to resources that help you build and sustain a profitable cloud business, connect with customers and prospects, and differentiate your business. Read previous issues of the newsletter and get real-time updates about partner-related news and information on our US Partner Community Twitter channel.
Looking for a partner training and calls schedule? The Hot Sheet offers a six-week outlook, and is updated regularly as we learn about new offerings.
New ISO cloud computing standard helps customers compare cloud offerings
The latest cloud computing standard from ISO, ISO/IEC 19086-1, is an international, vendor-neutral standard will help shorten the sales cycle for organizations as they compare cloud offerings. The supporting checklist can be used as a foundation to compare core cloud considerations and to prepare requests for proposal (RFP).
- Watch the 10-minute video overview of ISO/IEC 19086-1
- Cloud Services Due Diligence Checklist
- Microsoft Trust Center
- Cloud for Global Good initiative
Microsoft Dynamics 365 partner resources and “First Look” customer event on November 1
Microsoft Dynamics 365 will be generally available to customers on November 1. Available through Enterprise and Business Editions, to meet the needs of large and SMB organizations, Dynamics 365 will offer subscriptions per app/per user and introduce industry-first plans that embrace the cross-functional way organizations and employees need to work today. Use the resources linked below to prepare.
- Read the October 11 announcement by Takeshi Numoto
- Watch the first look at Dynamics 365 virtual event
- Introduction to Dynamics 365 licensing
- Watch the October 11 partner community call about Dynamics 365 licensing and pricing on demand
- Invite your customers to the November 1 First Look event in San Diego
- Microsoft Dynamics US Industry Summit, November 2–4 in Coronado, CA
Your MPN support benefits explained: Technical presales assistance and training benefits
Partners with a Microsoft Action Pack subscription or an MPN competency receive technical benefits, customized presales assistance, and training as a benefit. Take advantage of the technical resources available to you to differentiate your business and accelerate sales, deployments, and customer usage of Microsoft cloud and hybrid solutions. Learn about these offerings in part 2 of the MPN 101 blog series about support benefits in the Microsoft partner program.
- Read the blog post by Rami Noujaim, Sr. Manager for Microsoft Partner Technical Services
- Sign up for the October 20 support and services webcast
- Read Part 1 in the MPN support benefits series
- Visit the Support for Microsoft Partners section of the MPN portal
October 19: Windows and Devices Partners community call
Sign up to join Windows 10 experts for the October 19 partner community call. Topics for this month’s call are Windows Accelerate funding for proofs of concept and pilots, Windows Upgrade Analytics with a focus on telemetry, and Secure Productive Enterprise, the new suite comprising Windows Enterprise, Enterprise Mobility + Security, and Office 365.
- Sign up for the October 19 community call
- Learn more about the October call topics
- Partner opportunities with Secure Productive Enterprise
- Windows 10 partner technical training in Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, New York (registration code MPN)
- Windows 10 Deployment Masters workshops (registration code MPN)
Take your cloud sales skills further with Cloud + Enterprise University Online
Build knowledge, stay sharp, and prove your expertise on selling and supporting Microsoft cloud solutions through our virtual, instructor-led courses and webinars—giving you the flexibility to train at your own pace.
- See the current schedule, with listings through November
- IoT Online sales courses on demand
- Data Platform Online sales courses on demand
- Cloud Infrastructure Online sales courses on demand
- Enterprise Mobility Online sales courses on demand
Sales training for Office 365 E5 in New York, Seattle, and Chicago
Learn to articulate Office 365 E5 value, open conversations with CxOs, and sell the value of Skype for Business at this one-day, in-person partner sales training. The content shared at this event is the same information used to train Microsoft internal sellers.
- October 20 in New York
- November 2 in Bellevue, WA
- November 3 in Chicago, IL
- Review the Office 365 E5 resources on the Drumbeat website
October 19: New Partner Orientation call
Whether your company is new to the Microsoft Partner Network (MPN), or you are new to your company that’s already an MPN member, attending this call can help you make the most of your company’s membership. On the call, program experts will take you through program benefits, requirements, and options.
- Sign up for the October 19 call
- MPN essentials membership guide
- US Partner Community online guide
- Partner training and community call schedule
Everything built-in: What to know about Microsoft SQL Server 2016
Provide your customers with a consistent experience from on-premises to the cloud. With Microsoft SQL Server 2016, customers get breakthrough performance, advanced security, and rich, integrated reporting and analytics. This platform for hybrid cloud will help you build solutions that complement customers’ existing on-premises investments.
- Partner resources for SQL Server 2016
- Experience mission-critical capabilities in a virtual environment
- SQL Server 2016 datasheets, white papers, and more
- SQL Server on-demand sales training for partners
- SQL Server technical content on Channel 9
- Data driven technical presentations
November 16–17: Connect(); //2016
Developers are at the center of business transformation and the disruption of entire industries. The Microsoft Connect(); 2016 developer event will showcase innovative technologies and solutions that represent our relentless desire to meet the needs of any developer, building any application, on any platform.
- Add Connect(); 2016 to your calendar to save the dates
- Visual Studio subscriptions and software development tools for Microsoft partners
- Deliver native Android, iOS, and Windows apps with Xamarin
- Microsoft developer centers
Introducing Windows Server 2016
With the new Windows Server, your customers can strengthen the security of their IT infrastructure, bring flexibility and control to their datacenters with many of the same cloud-efficient features found in Microsoft Azure, and securely deploy and run existing applications to transform them into new cloud-native models.