Find out what’s new for Microsoft partners. We’ll connect you to resources that help you build and sustain a profitable cloud business, connect with customers and prospects, and differentiate your business. Read previous issues of the newsletter and get real-time updates about partner-related news and information on our US Partner Community Twitter channel.
Looking for a partner training and calls schedule? The Hot Sheet offers a six-week outlook, and is updated regularly as we learn about new offerings.
Get caught up on the news from Ignite 2016
Get caught up on the news from the Microsoft Ignite 2016 conference. Watch keynotes on demand and find out how Microsoft is empowering IT to drive digital transformation.
- Watch Satya Nadella’s keynote on demand
- Microsoft unveils new offerings to empower IT and drive digital transformation
- Judson Althoff: IT at the heart of digital transformation
- Office 365 news at Ignite—intelligence, security and collaboration
- Democratizing AI for every person and every organization
- New Windows 10 and Office 365 features for the secure productive enterprise
Hybrid cloud announcements: Windows Server 2016 and System Center 2016
The newest releases of the Microsoft server operating system, Windows Server 2016, and the Microsoft datacenter management solution, System Center 2016, are here. Both are important components of the Microsoft hybrid cloud platform. Here are your resources to learn about these releases from the product teams and evaluate them for yourself.
- Windows Server 2016 announcement on the Hybrid Cloud blog
- Evaluate Windows Server 2016
- October 13 Windows Server 2016 webcast with the product team
- System Center 2016 announcement on the Hybrid Cloud blog
- Evaluate System Center 2016
- Try Operations Management Suite
- Volume Licensing Readiness online course
Save the date of October 11 for Microsoft Dynamics 365
On October 11, you’ll have the opportunity to get a first look at Microsoft Dynamics 365, plus get an in-depth look at licensing and pricing. During the First Look event, Microsoft EVP Scott Guthrie will share the Microsoft strategy for digital transformation as he unveils this next generation of intelligent business applications that help organizations grow, adapt, and evolve. Sign up for the Dynamics 365 Partner Community call for a licensing and pricing discussion.
- Sign up for the Microsoft Dynamics 365 First Look Live event
- Sign up for the Dynamics 365 Partner Community call
- Register for the Readiness Blitz on October 5 and 6 – Sales and Technical tracks
- Community blog series
- Training and enablement
Renew your benefits and accelerate your business growth with Microsoft
If your MPN competency is up for renewal in the next few months, we can help you smooth out the process. Use our renewal preparation tips and links to establish a timeline for your renewal, ensure the right person has the renewal steps, and confirm you are familiar with the technical and performance requirements.
- Review our online guidance
- Visit the What’s new page for the latest program announcements
- MPN Partner Administrator training
- MPN 101 overview
Sales training for Microsoft cloud and data platform
Cloud + Enterprise University Online delivers interactive, scenario-based training for selling and supporting Microsoft Cloud and Enterprise technologies. Tailored for professionals in sales and presales technical roles, these online courses give you the flexibility to train at your own pace. Learn about the two kinds of courses offered and see the October/November schedule.
- Cloud + Enterprise University Online training schedule
- On-demand sales training: Microsoft IoT Online
- On-demand sales training: Pitch Perfect Azure
- On-demand sales training: Data Platform Online
Plan ahead for partner courses, webcasts, and calls with the October Hot Sheet
The Hot Sheet partner training schedule is your comprehensive look at courses, webcasts, and calls. You’ll find both in-person and virtual events and training listed, with about a six-week outlook, so you can plan ahead. Visit frequently – the Hot Sheet is updated frequently, as we learn about new offerings.
- Go to the October Hot Sheet
- Find links to other partner training resources on our online guide
- Training notifications and reminders on our Enablement Twitter feed
Assess your company’s profitability and plan for your cloud future
We have the training, tools, and resources you need to assess your company’s cloud maturity, identify your cloud offering, and build a plan to go to market.
- Cloud Profitability Benchmark assessment
- Cloud Ready Business Toolkit
- Cloud business plan template (download)
- Profitability learning path
- WPC 2016 on demand: The modern, profitable cloud partner, Parts 1 and 2
- Modern Microsoft partner eBooks
Enrollment now open for the data science track in the Microsoft Professional Program
The Microsoft Professional Program features a comprehensive curriculum, designed with input and participation from industry leaders, universities, and our learning partners. Plans for the Microsoft Professional Program in 2017 include two new tracks – big data engineering and front end web development.
- Get the details about the data science track, and enroll
- Watch the Data and Analytics Partner Community call on demand, about this program
Sign up for practice-building and business-building community calls in October and November
Our expert-led communities for US partners will help you build your practice and build your business. Practice-building communities are technically focused and led by Technology Solutions Professionals with product and workload expertise. Business-building communities align to your business model, customer segment focus, and areas of interest. Community activities include regular calls that you can join live and catch on-demand later, Yammer groups for connection with Microsoft and with other partners, and blog series that provide information and resources.
- Community call schedule – now featured at the top of the Hot Sheet
- Community calls and resources
- Application Development on October 4 – Microsoft Bot Framework
- MPN 101 on October 5 – How to get the Enterprise Mobility Management competency
- ISV and Application Builder on October 6 – Co-selling through distributor cloud marketplaces
- SMB Partner Insider calls on October 7 – East Region and West Region
Participate in the Global Knowledge IT Skills and Salary Survey
The tenth annual Global Knowledge IT Skills and Salary Survey is open for responses through October 21. If you’re in an IT role at your company, take a few minutes to complete the survey about skills and salaries.