Find out what’s new for Microsoft partners. We’ll connect you to resources that help you build and sustain a profitable cloud business, connect with customers and prospects, and differentiate your business. Read previous issues of the newsletter and get real-time updates about partner-related news and information on our US Partner Community Twitter channel.
Looking for a partner training and calls schedule? The Hot Sheet offers a six-week outlook, and is updated regularly as we learn about new offerings.
Start your journey to earning an MPN cloud competency
If you sell Microsoft Azure, Enterprise Mobility + Security, Office 365, or Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online, learn more about earning an MPN cloud competency. Competencies let you demonstrate your company’s expertise to customers through benefits that include prioritized listing in Microsoft Referrals and access to a Microsoft competency logo.
- MPN membership benefits
- MPN competency guide
- Microsoft Azure – Cloud Platform competency [VIDEO]
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online – Cloud CRM competency [VIDEO]
- EMS – Enterprise Mobility Management competency – sign up for the October 5 call
- Office 365 – Small and Midmarket Cloud Solutions competency; Cloud Productivity competency [VIDEO]
Maximize your membership with the MPN 101 Community calls – October schedule
Sign up for MPN 101 calls that help you make the most of your membership. Whether your company is new to the Microsoft Partner Network, you’re new to your company that’s an MPN member, or you want to better understand your benefits and membership options, MPN 101 will help you get started.
- MPN 101 blog series
- October 5 – How to get an Enterprise Mobility + Security (EMS) competency
- October 12 – Competency renewal process
- October 19 – New Partner Orientation
- October 26 – Make the most of your internal use licenses
Going to Ignite 2016 in Atlanta? Connect with MPN there
The worldwide MPN team will be at Ignite 2016 in Atlanta. Visit the MPN booth on the expo floor, and join the new Worldwide Partner Group CTO, Eduardo Kassner, at these sessions.
- September 27 at 1:35PM in MPN Theater #7: How to use Microsoft partner technical benefits to win big with customers
- September 29 at 12:45PM in A404: Implement Cloud Adoption – Sample architecture and best practices
- September 29 at 1:35PM in MPN Theater #7: How to use Microsoft partner technical benefits to win big with customers
Selling your application to SMBs through Cloud Solution Provider marketplaces
Build your sales channels and expand the reach of your application through the Cloud Solution Marketplaces that are run by our Indirect Providers in the Cloud Solution Provider (CSP) program. Microsoft developer partners, ISVs, and application builders are connecting with resellers and shaping the direction of their product and channel strategy using CSP.
- Read the blog post by US ISV Community lead, Sharon Lee
- Sign up for the October 6 community call and learn how TeamFusion build its sales channels using CSP
- List of US Indirect Providers for Cloud Solution Provider
- ISV and Application Builder Center
- Smart Partner Marketing for ISVs and App Builders
- AppSource marketplace
8 practice-building communities to help you build technical expertise and excellence
We’ve expanded beyond the popular Azure Partner and Office 365 Partner communities to include several additional Microsoft practice areas and help you start, build, and extend your Microsoft practice. Each of these communities is led by a US Technology Solutions Professional with expertise with the relevant products and technologies, and includes online content, monthly community call, and Yammer group.
- Sign up for the October community calls
- Join the Yammer groups for these practice-building communities
- Subscribe to the US Partner Community blog for call topic discussions and updates
- Subscribe to the US Partner Enablement blog for training and technically focused articles
Microsoft Dynamics 365 is coming soon – here’s how to prepare your partner business
The next generation of intelligent business applications in the cloud, Microsoft Dynamics 365 unifies CRM and ERP capabilities by delivering new purpose-built applications to help manage specific business functions. As the release of Microsoft Dynamics 365 approaches, it’s time to prepare your partner business. Sign up for the Dynamics 365 Readiness Blitz and take advantage of online and on-demand resources.
- Dynamics 365 Partner Community overview
- October 5 and 6: Dynamics 365 Readiness Blitz (Technical and Sales Tracks)
- On-demand partner community call
- On-demand licensing and pricing video training series
Windows 10 Partner Technical Roadshow
A new Windows 10 technical training roadshow for partner IT Pros is coming to six United States cities in 2016. During this training, you’ll have the opportunity to meet and interact with the Microsoft Partner Advisory Team, and to participate in discussions and labs that deepen your knowledge and skills. Events coming to Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, Atlanta, and New York before the end of 2016.
- Agenda, schedule, and links to register
- Windows 10 Anniversary update and your resources
- Windows 10 partner learning path
- Windows 10 Productivity Guides
- Download the Windows 10 Partner Value Proposition
US SMB Live technical and business events in October and November
Ready to take your Microsoft practice beyond Office 365, and start adding cloud infrastructure, management, and enterprise mobility services to your offerings? Register for the SMB Live events that are coming to several US cities in October and November. In each city, there are two events – the first day business-oriented and the second day technically oriented.
Cities to sign up for: Atlanta, Boston, Charlotte, Cincinnati, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Downers Grove, Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Indianapolis, Irvine, Kansas City, Minneapolis, Mountain View, New York, Pennsylvania, Tampa
- US SMB Live schedule and registration links
- Join the SMB Partner Insider Yammer group
- Step-by-step guidance for your partner business’ cloud journey
Windows Server 2016 and System Center 2016 sales training
Windows Server 2016 and System Center 2016 will both be officially launched during Microsoft Ignite, providing partners with a cloud-ready platform and the operations management tools needed to help customers run secure, efficient, and responsive datacenters. Learn how to talk to your customers about these products and technologies that will propel their digital transformation journey, enabling hybrid cloud and cloud solutions. In October, there are several partner seller training opportunities offered through Cloud + Enterprise University Online.
- Cloud + Enterprise University Online schedule
- Windows Server 2016 product page
- Windows Server product blog
- System Center 2016 product page
- Hybrid cloud blog
Making sense of digital transformation
All businesses are in the process of evaluating how new technologies can improve their productivity and their profitability. The concept of digital transformation goes beyond whether customers will move some or all of their infrastructure the cloud, utilize mobile capabilities, and capitalize on data science to better serve their customers. Check out these resources to understand how digital transformation applies to your partner business.