Find out what’s new for Microsoft partners. We’ll connect you to resources that help you build and sustain a profitable cloud business, connect with customers and prospects, and differentiate your business. Read previous issues of the newsletter and get real-time updates about partner-related news and information on our US Partner Community Twitter channel.
Looking for a partner training and calls schedule? The Hot Sheet offers a six-week outlook, and is updated regularly as we learn about new offerings.
Seize the opportunity with Microsoft in the year ahead
Customers want to use technology to drive outcomes that will improve their business, and help them empower employees, engage customers, optimize operations, and transform products. Through investments in and enhancements to the Microsoft Partner Network, partners will be well positioned to capitalize on the significant greater cloud opportunity that’s estimated to be $500 billion through 2020 (IDC, 2016).
- Microsoft Channel Chief, Gavriella Schuster, highlights three new opportunities coming this year
- WPC 2016 highlights
- Partner and customer stories about digital transformation
MPN 101: Cloud competency attainment calls
If you’re interested in earning one or more of the five cloud-focused MPN competencies, sign up for this MPN 101 call series. Over the next four weeks, you’ll get a comprehensive look at how to earn competencies for Office 365, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online, and Enterprise Mobility + Security. We’ll explain the requirements, associated benefits, and timeline for working toward these competencies.
- September 7: Office 365 cloud competency attainment
- Register for the Cloud competency attainment calls
- Cloud performance competency overview
September SMB Live roadshow events in Bellevue, WA; Los Angeles, CA; Washington, DC
Take your Microsoft practice beyond Office 365. Enterprise mobility and security concepts, products, and technologies will be covered extensively at the US SMB Live roadshow events this fall, coming to 21 US cities. In each city, there is a business training: Differentiate your cloud practice for growth and profitability, and a technical training: Implement and execute your cloud solution architecture with EMS and Azure.
Azure Partner Community: Microsoft Operations Management Suite
The Azure Partner Community will focus more on the topics of infrastructure and management. The September topic is Microsoft Operations Management Suite (OMS), which streamlines cloud management across any hybrid cloud, whether Azure or AWS, Windows Server or Linux, VMWare or OpenStack.
- September 8: Azure Partner Community call
- Introduction to Microsoft OMS blog post
- Join the Azure Infrastructure and Management Partners Yammer group
- September 12–13: Introduction to Operations Management Suite technical training
- Subscribe to get Azure updates
September 9 for East Region SMB Partners: Amplify your marketing
In this new monthly call series for East Region SMB Partners, you’ll get an in-depth look at partner marketing programs. Calls will be held on the second Friday of each month, and calls will include presentations as well as Q&A.
Connect and engage with us in the US Partner Community
With the greater cloud opportunity forecasted by IDC to reach $500 billion by 2020, Microsoft has aligned its partner program, the Microsoft Partner Network, to provide the resources you need to build and sustain a profitable cloud practice, connect with customers and prospects, and differentiate your business. In the US Partner Community, we’ll connect you to those resources, as well as to subject-matter experts from across the Microsoft US Partner Team.
- Review our online guide to the US Partner Community
- Download our slides that list and link to community resources
September 15: Windows and Devices Partner Community call
Register for the new community calls for Windows and Devices partners, and connect to other community resources that can help build your Windows deployment practice. On September 15, join the community call for overviews of the community resources and the Windows 10 Anniversary update.
- Sign up for the September 15 call
- Join the Windows and Devices Partners Yammer group
- Read the Windows and Devices Partner community blog series
- Download the Forrester Total Economic Impact study about the business value of Windows 10
Back to School: How to find training, webcasts, and calls for your partner business
Through the Microsoft Partner Network and the Microsoft US Partner Community, there are many opportunities for the people in every role in your partner business to build their knowledge and skills about Microsoft products and technologies.
- The Hot Sheet training schedule is frequently updated as we learn about new courses and calls
- Review our online guide to staying informed for connection to the Practice-building and Business-building communities
- Download our one-page training guide for links to learning resources by role
Is your ISV, app builder, or developer partner business cloud ready?
For partners building applications, cloud readiness includes offering a partner program that provides margins to partners such as managed services providers and systems integrators – companies that can help drive new monthly recurring revenue streams. The US cloud ready initiative has engaged more than 300 partners and helped them identify more than $18 million in cloud-based revenue.
- Read the blog post by Sharon Lee about building a cloud ready partner business
- Take the cloud ready assessment
- Watch the WPC 2016 US session, Building a #cloudready business, on demand
- ISV and Application Builder Center
Azure development assistance for Microsoft partners
The new Code Help offering is available to Microsoft partners with an Action Pack subscription, Silver competency, or Gold competency. From architecture and design to deployment, implementation and migration, chat with a Microsoft support engineer for development tips to quickly resolve programming questions for Azure capability and services.