Find out what’s new for Microsoft partners. We’ll connect you to resources that help you build and sustain a profitable cloud business, connect with customers and prospects, and differentiate your business. Read previous issues of our online newsletter
We provide real-time updates about the topics covered in this newsletter and other partner-related news and information on our US Partner Community Twitter channel.
Looking for a partner training and calls schedule? The Hot Sheet offers a six-week outlook, and is updated regularly as we learn about new offerings.
Maintain your WPC 2016 momentum throughout the year
The Worldwide Partner Conference may be over, but there are plenty of ways to extend your experience into the year ahead. From sharing information and content from the conference with colleagues to following up with contacts, you can continue to use your WPC 2016 attendance to your advantage.
- Read the US Partner Team’s conference recap
- August 31 MPN 101 Community call: WPC check-in
- Build WPC into your business plan
New MPN 101 competency guide
If you’re interested in earning an MPN competency and not sure where to start, review the new MPN 101 competency guide. In this guide, you’ll find a primer about what the competencies are and the core requirements and benefits. Then, for each of the competencies, you’ll find information about the incremental benefits and a detailed explanation of the requirements. Technical assessment and exam requirements are linked to learning paths.
- Download the competency guide from the US Partner Community Yammer network
- If your company’s competency renewal date is in the next 90 days, read our renewal tips
New Customer Lifetime Value Modeling tool
Delivering Customer Lifetime Value is one of the four pillars of profitability for the modern Microsoft partner. The new Customer Lifetime Value Modeling tool provides a framework for building an offer and modeling the financial aspects of your cloud business plan.
- Learn about the Customer Lifetime Value Modeling tool
- Download the modern Microsoft partner eBooks
- Partner profitability training courses on demand
US Partner VP: Digital transformation demands a new way of partnering
The Microsoft US partner sales organization is evolving to better meet customer and partner needs in this unprecedented era of digital transformation. As companies increasingly look to digital technology to change their business outcomes, how Microsoft partners with you must also change.
August 17 MPN 101 Community call: New Partner Orientation
If your company is new to the Microsoft partner program, the Microsoft Partner Network (MPN), or you are new to your company that’s already a member of MPN, attend our next New Partner Orientation call. You’ll get an overview of the program, learn how to stay informed and connected, and more.
- Sign up for the August 17 New Partner Orientation call
- Use the Essentials guide to find resources and manage your membership
- Join the US Partner Community to stay informed and connected
- Download the whitepaper about how Microsoft stacks up relative to other vendors
August 22 Cloud Services Partner Incentives office hours
Partner Incentives support partner profitability and growth. Incentives for Cloud Services are designed to accelerate customer adoption, usage, and consumption of Online Services for Enterprise and SMB customers. On the August 22 Cloud Services Partner Incentives call, you’ll learn about the payment transformation that affects partners currently receiving Advisor Sell, Usage, and Microsoft Azure incentives; you’ll also learn more about utilizing Microsoft FastTrack.
- Sign up for the August 22 Cloud Services Partner Incentives office hours
- Partner Incentives on the MPN portal (sign in for access)
Create your cloud offering and get started with the Cloud Solution Provider program
Customers are looking for a more comprehensive and collaborative relationship with their service provider. Through the Cloud Solution Provider (CSP) program, you maintain account control for your Microsoft cloud customers. You create a cloud offering that provides a unique, end-to-end solution by packaging up your own tools, products, and services, and combining them into one monthly or annual customer bill. In addition, you provide technical support to your customers as part of your solution.
- Watch on-demand sessions about the CSP program from WPC 2016
- Cloud Solution Provider page on the MPN portal
- List of Indirect CSP providers in the United States
- View your Cloud Services Partner Dashboard
Develop, market, and sell your apps with Microsoft
Take your ideas from concept to market with tools and resources from Microsoft. From the ISV and Application Builder Center to the US ISV Partner Community, we can help you optimize your business, deliver your code on any platform, find skilled developers when you need them, and more.
- ISV and Application Builder Center on the MPN portal
- Get Azure development assistance with Code Help
- Xamarin helps you scale your applications
- US ISV Partner Community blog series
How Microsoft US partners are empowering customers to meet their digital transformation goals
Partners are integral to helping customers embrace the power of technology to transform how they do business, and new revenue streams will continue to open up as Microsoft continues toward its bold ambitions of more personal computing, building the intelligent cloud, and reinventing productivity and business processes. At WPC 2016, the Microsoft North America keynote featured partners and customers talking about each of the four dimensions of digital transformation.
- Watch the MSNA General Session on demand
- Digital transformations and the new face of business
- Get inspired by the US Partner Spotlight videos
SMB Live roadshow events for Cloud Solution Providers in September, October, and November
These free one-day events are coming to 21 United States cities. In each city, there is a business session about differentiating your business for growth and profitability, and a technical session about using Microsoft Azure and Enterprise Mobility + Security (EMS) in your cloud solution architecture.