Find out what’s new for Microsoft partners. We’ll connect you to resources that help you build and sustain a profitable cloud business, connect with customers and prospects, and differentiate your business. Read previous issues of our online newsletter
We provide real-time updates about the topics covered in this newsletter and other partner-related news and information on our US Partner Community Twitter channel.
US Partner VP: Digital transformation demands a new way of partnering
The Microsoft US partner sales organization is evolving to better meet customer and partner needs in this unprecedented era of digital transformation. As companies increasingly look to digital technology to change their business outcomes, how Microsoft partners with you must also change.
Your opportunities and resources from WPC 2016
Digital transformation was a primary theme of the 2016 Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference in Toronto, and is one of the six Microsoft priorities for the coming year. Read our recap of the highlights, announcements, and resources from WPC 2016 to prepare for the year ahead.
Propel Windows 10 enterprise deployment
Windows 10 just reached its one-year anniversary. New Forrester research commissioned by Microsoft demonstrates how deploying Windows 10 can help reduce costs and provide benefit to customers. New options to purchase Windows 10 Enterprise as a subscription as part of a managed services option and as part of the recently announced Secure Productive Enterprise open up new possibilities for partners. Review our blog post to capitalize on the Windows 10 deployment opportunity and connect with our experts.
- Read the Windows Partner Community blog post about the latest announcements
- Download the Forrester Total Economic Impact study about the business value of Windows 10
- Windows for business website
- Windows 10 training for partner sales, technical, licensing roles
- August 17: Windows 10 anniversary update and partner opportunities
MPN 101 Community calls in August
Join the MPN 101 Community calls to learn about membership options in the Microsoft Partner Network, and the associated partner benefits like internal use rights and technical support. This month, join community lead Chinmayi Bhavanishankar for New Partner Orientation, an MPN Evolution update, and a WPC 2016 check-in.
Four pillars of the modern Microsoft partner that contribute to a successful, profitable cloud business
Take your cloud practice to the next level with guidance based on thousands of discussions from successful and profitable Microsoft partners from around the world. On the Cloud Partner Profitability page, we’ve brought together the research, assessment and planning tools, and training that every partner business can use to meet its goals.
- Visit the Cloud Partner Profitability page
- Download the new Channel Partner Profitability Study from AMI-Partners
- Take the Profitability Benchmark assessment
Is your ISV, app builder, or developer partner business cloud ready?
For partners building applications, cloud readiness includes offering a partner program that provides margins to partners such as managed services providers and systems integrators – companies that can help drive new monthly recurring revenue streams. The US cloud ready initiative has engaged more than 300 partners and helped them identify more than $18 million in cloud-based revenue.
- Read the blog post by Sharon Lee about building a cloud ready partner business
- Take the cloud ready assessment
- Watch the WPC 2016 US session, Building a #cloudready business, on demand
- ISV and Application Builder Center
Azure development assistance for Microsoft partners
The new Code Help offering is available to Microsoft partners with an Action Pack subscription, Silver competency, or Gold competency. From architecture and design to deployment, implementation and migration, chat with a Microsoft support engineer for development tips to quickly resolve programming questions for Azure capability and services.
Get ready for new US Partner Community calls for the coming year
Whatever your area of interest in partnering with Microsoft is, it’s likely that we have a community call aligned to it. With the start of the new Microsoft fiscal year on July 1, new call series will start in August and September for Practice-building communities (led by US technical experts) and Business-building communities (led by US business and sales experts). Links to these communities, and where to participate in them, are included in our Stay Informed guide.
Where to find US partner training, community calls, and office hours
Continued learning about Microsoft products and technologies is critical for your team. With a wave of releases planned into the fall, here is where we’ll keep you informed about upcoming and on-demand courses, community calls, and office hours to help your business, sales, licensing, and technical teams prepare.
- Hot Sheet training schedule – a six-week outlook for upcoming in-person and virtual training and calls
- Partner learning paths – on-demand training that helps you meet competency requirements, prepare for technical exams, and learn about products
- US Partner Enablement blog – product-specific training schedules and technically focused content from Microsoft experts (tip: Add your email address under Subscribe on the right side of the blog to get new posts in your inbox)
- @mslearningcurve – training-focused channel that links you to upcoming courses, on-demand training, and blog content
- One-page guide to partner training resources
Announcing the Secure Productive Enterprise
Secure Productive Enterprise brings Office 365, Windows 10 Enterprise, and the Enterprise Mobility + Security suite together into a single licensing offering that replaces Enterprise Cloud Suite and introduces even more value. With the Secure Productive Enterprise, customers have the latest and most advanced technology for empowering employees.