Find out what’s new for Microsoft partners. We’ll connect you to resources that help you build and sustain a profitable cloud business, connect with customers and prospects, and differentiate your business. Read previous issues of our online newsletter
We provide real-time updates about the topics covered in this newsletter and other partner-related news and information on our US Partner Community Twitter channel.
Attending WPC 2016? Connect with the US Partner Team
We’re excited to welcome US Partners to WPC 2016 and the experiences we’ve created for you. Read our blog post that summarizes the essential resources to download for WPC and the activities for US Partners. While at WPC, stop by the US Regional Lounge for activity details, to pick up your wristband for the US party, to participate in our P2P Connection Booth, and more.
- Review the US Partner Team connection blog post
- Follow the US Partner Team on Twitter @wpcus for attendees updates
- Share your conference experience photos with us! On Twitter, tag @wpcus and on Instagram, tag msuspartner
Watch the WPC 2016 Vision Keynotes online
Even if you’re not able to join us in Toronto for WPC 2016, you’ll want to hear what Satya Nadella, Gavriella Schuster, Judson Althoff, and other Microsoft senior executives have to say about the year ahead for Microsoft and its partners. On Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday mornings from 8:40AM–10:45AM Eastern Time (5:40AM–7:45AM Pacific Time), tune in to watch live.
- Watch the Vision Keynotes live online
- Follow and participate in the conversation on Twitter using #WPC16 – use your app of choice, or try Tweetchat
- Recordings will be available about 24 hours after the Vision Keynotes conclude
Announcing the Secure Productive Enterprise
Secure Productive Enterprise brings Office 365, Windows 10 Enterprise, and the Enterprise Mobility + Security suite together into a single licensing offering that replaces Enterprise Cloud Suite and introduces even more value. With the Secure Productive Enterprise, customers have the latest and most advanced technology for empowering employees.
- Read the Secure Productive Enterprise announcement
- Take the Pitch Perfect sales training on the Microsoft Secure story
Microsoft Enterprise Mobility Suite is now Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security
Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security more accurately communicates the value of this suite to secure productivity, collaboration, and enterprise data. Microsoft EMS protects at the “front door,” protects data from user mistakes, and detects attacks before they cause damage.
- Learn more about Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security
- Join the EMS Partners group on the US Partner Community Yammer network
Announcing Enterprise Advantage on MPSA
The Microsoft Products and Services Agreement (MPSA) and Cloud Solution Provider (CSP) are the fastest and most flexible ways to acquire Microsoft licenses. In 2017, Enterprise Advantage on MPSA will be added as a new way for commercial customers to buy organization-wide.
- Read the blog post about the benefits of MPSA and this new option
- Learn about the Cloud Solution Provider program
Building a cloud ready partner business
Cloud ready partners create and sell more bundled offerings and services with ISV solutions included. For ISV partners, cloud readiness includes offering a partner program that provides margins to partners such as managed services providers and systems integrators who can help drive new monthly recurring revenue streams.
- Read the blog post about the #cloudready initiative
- Take the cloud ready assessment to get your report card and customized action plan
Demonstrate your expertise with a Microsoft competency
Microsoft competencies are designed to meet your customers’ needs and be recognizable to prospective ones. Competencies are now aligned to six centers of excellence that align to your partner business needs.
- Learn about the centers of excellence and the competencies each includes
- Guidance for getting started with the cloud competencies
Digital Partner of Record and Partner Association
Now, multiple partners can get credit for driving customer cloud consumption. We’ve made program enhancements to benefit all partners involved in a cloud subscription. With DPOR and new Partner Association methods, multiple partners can be recognized for the value they add to customers’ cloud subscriptions, and everyone benefits.
Five reasons you should be using account based marketing
Increase alignment between your sales and marketing teams by implementing account-based marketing (ABM). ABM allows you to go deeper with fewer prospects and can help you take your marketing from a cost center to a profit center.
- Read the blog post by Alex Sessoms about why account based marketing may be a good fit for your organization
- Explore the blog series about creating customer lifetime value
Three tools for making the most of your Internal Use Rights
Having internal use rights (IURs) is one of the many great benefits of being a Microsoft Action Pack or competency partner. With your IURs, you and your team can use the latest Microsoft software to get firsthand knowledge of the cloud services and on-premises solutions your customers need. Research shows that by testing your new solutions and training your sales and marketing teams through your IUR benefits, you can sell up to three times more.