Find out what’s new for Microsoft partners. We’ll connect you to resources that help you build and sustain a profitable cloud business, connect with customers and prospects, and differentiate your business. Read previous issues of our online newsletter.
We provide real-time updates about the topics covered in this newsletter and other partner-related news and information on our US Partner Community Twitter channel.
Two weeks until WPC 2016! Planning guides to help you prepare
WPC 2016 is rapidly approaching. Below, we’ve provided you with links to materials that will help you prepare for the conference. From the agenda to wi-fi, and everything in between, these downloadable guides are indispensable.
- US Partner’s guide to WPC 2016
- WPC 2016 Conference Guide
- WPC 2016 know before you go document
- Partner Code of Conduct
- Connect User Guide
- Connect feature guides
Not yet registered for WPC 2016? The price will increase on July 1
The Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference, our annual business and sales event for partners, is expected to sell out. If you’re not yet registered, make your decision soon. We hope you’ll join us for the content, connections, and conversations that will prepare partners for new opportunities with Microsoft and with each other.
ICYMI: US Partner Team recommendations for sessions and activities at WPC 2016
Over the past few weeks, members of the US Partner Team have shared information and recommendations about WPC 2016. In case you missed those posts, here’s a roundup of those links. The information and resources in these blog posts are also shared in the new US Partner’s guide to WPC 2016. Leading up to the conference, watch the US Partner Community blog as more of our US Partner Team subject-matter experts share their recommendations.
- We’re celebrating you at WPC 2016, US Partners!
- Sessions for US Partners at WPC 2016
- Cloud productivity and Office 365 sessions at WPC 2016
- Data platform, intelligence, and analytics sessions at WPC 2016
- US Public Sector Town Hall at WPC 2016
- First-time attendee at WPC 2016? Tips for planning your best conference
- Recognizing excellence in the US Partner Community: 2016 Partner of the Year Award winners
- Create your cloud offering and get started with the Cloud Solution Provider program today
What to know about the US Partner agenda for WPC 2016
The WPC 2016 United States agenda differs slightly from the general agenda. There are three important things to know if you are a US Partner attendee. First, the Microsoft North America General Session (US01) on Tuesday at 4:00PM is the keynote/regional session for US partners. Second, the US Partner Celebration on Tuesday night is different than the Worldwide Partner Celebration on Wednesday night. You will need a wristband to enter Tuesday’s US-only event,, and can pick yours up in the US Regional Lounge on Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday. Third, there are no US sessions or activities planned for Thursday.
A profitable practice is possible with the modern Microsoft partner pillars
If concerns about how to build and sustain a profitable cloud practice are top of mind as you look ahead, Microsoft has information and resources that can help you assess your business and build the right cloud plan.
- Download the Modern Microsoft Partner eBooks
- Attend sessions PP01 and PP02 at WPC 2016
- Take your #cloudready assessment
- Explore Cloud SureStep resources to get started, grow, and optimize your partner business
The Microsoft trusted cloud: how to encourage your customers’ confidence
As you work with your customers on their digital transformation and encourage them to embrace cloud and hybrid solutions, be prepared to answer their questions and concerns about the privacy and security of their data. Leading this discussion with your customers can be powerful and persuasive, and help you close cloud sales faster.
- Executive perspective on the customer conversation
- A partner’s perspective on Microsoft Azure security options
- Watch the Microsoft security platform demo by Julia White
- Visit the new Microsoft Trust Center
- June 29 customer webcast: Top 5 security threats facing your business – and how to respond
Openness at Microsoft: opportunities for Microsoft partners
Microsoft provides an open and extensible cloud platform—a hybrid cloud approach that gives customers enterprise-grade technology in their own datacenter and in the Microsoft global datacenters. If you have customers that have made significant investments in open source software, there are opportunities for you to integrate their software with the Microsoft platform.
- Azure Partner Community calls about open source software
- Watch the on-demand open source on Azure webcasts
- The Microsoft commitment to openness
- Microsoft Azure, Windows Server, and Microsoft System Center: An open and extensible cloud platform
- Add these WPC 2016 about open source to your schedule in Connect
SharePoint 2016 and new partner opportunities
SharePoint 2016 is now generally available, and new hybrid capabilities that enable on-premises customers to tap into the innovation that’s part of Office 365 means that there are new partner opportunities.
- Read the Office 365 Partner Community blog post about SharePoint 2016 by Michael Panciroli
- Watch the Future of SharePoint keynote on demand
- Watch the June Office 365 Partner Community call about tools for selling the value of Office 365
- Cloud productivity and Office 365 sessions at WPC 2016
What to know about earning a MPN cloud competency
With the recent announcement about retiring several of the MPN competencies so we can better focus on your success with cloud, here’s a refresher about the five cloud competencies that demonstrate partner expertise with Microsoft Azure, Office 365, Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online, and Microsoft Enterprise Mobility Suite. Review our blog post about getting started with the cloud competencies.
- Getting started with the cloud competencies
- New! Program enhancements let multiple partners get credit for driving customer cloud consumption
- Ends June 30: Silver cloud competency fees are waived for partners that have met all other requirements
Summer 2016 US Partner training schedules
Summer training schedules for Skype for Business and Microsoft Azure have just been published, with courses through the end of July, with updates as soon as we learn about new offerings for August and September. Look for new data platform/analytics, Office 365, and enterprise mobility schedules soon. And, the Hot Sheet, our comprehensive training schedule, is always up-to-date.